Lord Abbett & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lord Abbett & Co. Interview Questions

Interviews at Lord Abbett & Co.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There are multiple rounds of interviews with different levels of individuals. Starting from software engineer to the cio.
    The technical rounds were all day followed by more personality rounds with higher management.
    Technical rounds consisted of algorithms and coding exams

Advisor Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in November 2019.

Interview

Once you make it past the webcam you interview in person with about 3 people and shadow 1 person on the desk as well. Pretty standard Asset Management questions; Whats going on in the markets, What do you know about Lord Abbett, Why Active Management etc.

Interview went really well but they were a bit disorganized and also a note for diversity candidates is that I saw ZERO people of color in the office, probably best to stay away.

Interview Questions

• Sell me on something (School/Vacation/Trip)   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2019.

Interview

I had an online interview via hirevue where they recorded 5 questions on a video and the other 2 were coding problems.
    One question was about which language do you prefer to code in and why?

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process has two rounds. The first round involves one-to-one interviews with about five different people. The second round would involve more people. The atmosphere is pretty laid back. The questions are personality-based, not technical. The interviewers were nice and gave lots of information about the job.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied and interviewed for a Client Service Associate position in July/August 2018. The process was drawn out, possibly due to the summer holidays.

I had two phone screens, followed by an in-person meeting with the direct manager, followed by 2 days of back-to-back meetings in their Jersey City office. Most of the individuals were warm and friendly, but a few seemed confused as to why they were meeting me. Following these meetings, there was complete silence for a month (follow-up emails were ignored), and finally, a form rejection email was sent from the HR coordinator.

Interview Questions

• Why Lord Abbett? Why this position?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

They made me wait for one hour because all the interviewers were in meetings. I interviewed with seven different people. Some of them were not working with me when I started.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

It was 2 step process, first the hiring manager called me and gave me a brief introduction about the position & the work they are doing. I was called for an onsite interview with Hiring Manager, Project Manager, Technical Interview & Director. Unfortunately, I didn't receive the offer letter but it was a very good experience. It was an in

Interview Questions

• About my recent project & blah blah.. Core Java, Angular questions, Singleton pattern ( in a clustered environment), Volatile for all the variables vs local variables and why ? Given 1000 objects, which Collections would you use ?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

Fairly efficient online application, phone screening process and interview scheduling process. At the in person interview, there were red flags with the hiring manager. The hiring manager acted arrogant, and indicated that people/employees are disposable. The interview didn't speak very well for the culture.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was preceded by a short phone screen with a current Advisor Consultant. There were then two rounds with 5-6 interviews each day. First round was with other Advisor Consultants, mostly with a few years of experience. Second round was with more senior managers of different departments as well as with a partner.

Overall the questions asked were fair and covered a range of personal queries alongside more standard questions about what I think of the firm, what I know about its history, its performance, and the markets in general. The interviews were varied and with a myriad of departments, allowing for exposure to the different facets of the firm's operations, research and sales desks. It gave a more complete picture than might normally be obtained at a similar firm before working there. I also sat with several current Consultants for an hour or two. An offer was made a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of Lord Abbett's performance in the past few years, and can you compare it to its competitors? Also, what level of success is it in line for in the near-term?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

phone interview for about 25-30 minutes, then first round interview with 5-6 current advisor consultants, then a second (final) round interview with partners and directors to go over why the position is fit for you and how well you can effect the company in a positive way. Each and every person you meet is kind and welcoming to say the least. The firm is well respected and the interviews take about 10-15 minutes with each person you sit down with

Interview Questions

• what made you interested in the markets?   1 Answer