Lord Abbett & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.2

Advisor Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

6-9 interviews. Mostly similar questions. Don't be worried, they only think they know a lot about the markets. They don't. 2 days, about 4-5 interviews per day. 2 day process.

Interview Questions

• Where is the 10yr yield   1 Answer
    • If you had $100k where would you put it today   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

The process was several rounds over the phone and in person. You'll get asked standard technical and fit questions. Be prepared for general market questions as well as brainteasers. There aren't any surprises, if you got an interview then probably have relevant experience, so the process is to prove you can do the job and that you can mesh with the team.

Operations- Sales Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by Lord Abbett HR for a phone screening. The woman who called had a thick eastern european accent and it was difficult to understand her. This was also bolstered by the fact that they had me on speakerphone with her and a colleague. The questions were fairly simple and the interview lasted around twenty minutes. Something seemed a little off and it was probably a combination of an awkward interviewer and me not being prepared to deal with it. It was my first interview out of college.

Interview Questions

• Why Lord Abbett? Tell me about yourself. Run me through your resume. What was your GPA in college?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by third party recruiter who informed me of the oportunity. Phone interview was the week after . A Regional consultant team leader calls and they want to get to know you, high level questions "why this college, why finance, why sales, etc".

I went in for two Face to face inerviews , but I had heard in the past it was only one.

Met with 2 regional consultants and maybe two or three higher ups, walked thru my resume then sat with a RC and shadowed him for 40 min. Tell me some current market news , tell me about yourself , etc nothing too technical

Know their products and history / fund awards

Second round was similar.

Overall was a good process, young atmosphere RC wise and would have accepted offer if it weren't for a better opportunity

Interview Questions

• What is the current fedfunds rate? 10 year treasury?   1 Answer
    • 2 things I liked about college /2 things I disliked   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Took two months, Contacted by an Internal Wholesaler to set up phone interview. Basic questions about your resume. Followed by caliper test, then another phone interview. Still waiting on scheduling in person interview. Know company backround

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co..

Interview

Got my interview through my school. Lord Abbett sent two women down, one was young and was just hired for the position I was interviewing for and the other was her manager. The manger was the only on to speak and she was BRUTAL. It was like talking to a wall. Asked the basic questions, why lord abbot, why this position, that stuff but never responded or engaged in the conversation.

Interview Questions

• If your best friend were to describe you, what 5 characteristics would they use?   Answer Question

Investment Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

Rude and patronizing interview from a group that is a mediocre performer. After having produced a strong track record managing a multi-billion dollar investment process, the interviewer suggested that I might be good enough to be a junior researcher tending to 'lite' research topics.

The Glassdoor reviews of Lord Abbett warned of some defective and arrogant personalities, and sure enough, my interviewer delivered on all counts. Life is too short to work with these sorts of people...

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the recent underperformance of small cap stocks?   Answer Question

Regional Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in October 2014.

Interview

Walked in kid who is doing the same job im interviewing for shows me around. Meet with 3 people from around the company nothing crazy. Kid told me how to approach each person and were mostly easy to talk too.

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions on books ive recently
      Do you follow market? Explain what you think is going on.
      Answer Question

IT Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin, spoke with them and was set up for an in person interview at LA & Co within a few days.

I was given an online skills tests to test my competency.

Got to LA & Co, and was escorted into the IT Lab. In the lab, I was given a few minutes to explain my work experience and job duties. Then a few more IT professionals came in the room and began to barrage me with technical questions, barely giving me enough time to answer. They were rude and abrasive, I was definitely turned off to the position and the company as a whole.

I however, was able to answer there questions, and was scheduled for a second interview.

After a couple of days of phone-tag with my recruiter, I was not able to schedule a second interview.

Still awaiting a response.

Interview Questions

• What is the overall speed of an ethernet cable?   1 Answer

Legal Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for the legal EA position a few weeks ago. The receptionist was extremely nice but the HR person that interviewed me seemed like she had a chip on her shoulder. She had nothing great to say about the company. Seemed very miserable. The interview lasted about 15min. I felt very rushed. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What would be something negative that your employer would say about you?   Answer Question