Lord Abbett & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lord Abbett & Co. Interview Questions

Interviews at Lord Abbett & Co.

3.1

Sort:

Associate Interview

Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with the Human Resources recruiter, followed by a "superday" comprised of a number of in-person interviews (I believe 9 total). Interviews were centered around fit and ability to think on one's feet.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co..

Interview

your first meeting will be with HR. It last 30 minutes and its really to see if you fit the organization and not about your skill set. They are very picky and want very conservative Republican types. Look at the profiles on linkedin. most of the people look alike.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

First met with HR
    On a second visit, I had 5 interviews (which included two Partners).
    On a third visit, I had two additonal interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. I worked through a recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2012.

Interview

I met with the woman in charge she asked a lot of questions in regards to why Marketing, Why Lord Abbett, Favorite/Least Favorite courses in college, why I picked my college, what my previous employers would say about me, etc.

Interview Questions

• What my least favorite course was and why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

The interview was set up with a recruiting agency. I was a little surprised to find out that I would be interviewing with HR first, as all my interviews in the past have had HR interview me last. To my knowledge, HR has very little influence on the hiring decision due to their lack of applicable education and ability to identify a good fit in a particular department (since they don't work in it, and are not knowledgeable in the subject).

Anyway, the interview began immediately with questions regarding what I liked the most, and liked the least out of my current job, past jobs, etc. The interview was really odd, she asked questions that you would never think you would have to answer....

"What bad things would your last boss have to say about you"? What exactly is she looking for here? Does she want an honest answer or a sugar-coated fairy tale answer? Of course if you reply " He wouldn't say anything bad about me", that isn't good enough - so you have to really use your imagination with this woman and try to appear as flawless as possible, because if you have one, tiny flaw - she will hack away at it until your too exhausted to reach into your magic jar and pull out more lies.

In the middle of the interview, I was explaining why I thought I was a good fit for the position. As I mentioned that I thought it would be great to utilize my creativity, she immediately gave me a dirty look and asked me to explain. I said " well, I Will be working on the marketing material for the firm, and I think that will be a great chance to use my creativity". She immediately responded that was not in the job description, and I was, in fact, interviewing for the wrong position. Apparently the job description she had sent was for the wrong position. I wasted my entire morning with this woman that didn't even have the decency to explain to me what job she thought I was there for.

After dealing with this person, and seeing how the firm runs things, I am actually happy that I did not get an offer. If you can't even send the correct job description to a potential candidate,and then continue to be dismissive and rude, why would I want to work there?

I was appalled and once it was discovered that I was interviewing for the wrong position the interview came to a quick end. Once she was done asking me questions she said she was going to explain to me what Lord Abbett was, did, and their current market position. She did this all in about 30 seconds without taking a breath, completely rushed, and completely rude. It made me feel like I was the one wasting her time, when in fact, I was the one that missed a few hours of work because of her careless mistake.

If called for another interview with this person, I wouldn't even bother.

On a side note, she did not hire anyone that interviewed for this position. Which is my case-in-point about this person. Enjoy!

Interview Questions

• What bad things would your last boss say about you?   1 Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co..

Interview

Got my interview through my school. Lord Abbett sent two women down, one was young and was just hired for the position I was interviewing for and the other was her manager. The manger was the only on to speak and she was BRUTAL. It was like talking to a wall. Asked the basic questions, why lord abbot, why this position, that stuff but never responded or engaged in the conversation.

Interview Questions

• If your best friend were to describe you, what 5 characteristics would they use?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter at a staffing agency about the position. Had initial phone conversation with her and was called in for in-person interview at the company within 2 days. Met with hiring manager and two other team members. Though from the outside, the environment looks conservative and serious, everyone I met with was friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts about the position, now that you've heard more about it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. One phone interview followed by full day on-site. The onsite was 6 interview meeting about 15 people. The interviews with the directors and partners were one on one, while the interviews with analysts were 2 on 1. The process was a bit repetitive (walk me through your resume x8) but it was nice to get to know almost the whole team

Interview Questions

• What is the 10 year treasury yield?   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin, spoke with them and was set up for an in person interview at LA & Co within a few days.

I was given an online skills tests to test my competency.

Got to LA & Co, and was escorted into the IT Lab. In the lab, I was given a few minutes to explain my work experience and job duties. Then a few more IT professionals came in the room and began to barrage me with technical questions, barely giving me enough time to answer. They were rude and abrasive, I was definitely turned off to the position and the company as a whole.

I however, was able to answer there questions, and was scheduled for a second interview.

After a couple of days of phone-tag with my recruiter, I was not able to schedule a second interview.

Still awaiting a response.

Interview Questions

• What is the overall speed of an ethernet cable?   1 Answer

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

The phone interview with recruiter was pleasant enough. Basic straightforward recruiter questions. The face to face interviews were obviously tougher. Met with two managers. Basically it was a good cop/bad cop situation. After that I sat with an internal wholesaler to observe him and talk to him for about 20 minutes.