Lord Abbett & Co. Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 27, 2017

3.3

Advisor Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

6-9 interviews. Mostly similar questions. Don't be worried, they only think they know a lot about the markets. They don't. 2 days, about 4-5 interviews per day. 2 day process.

Interview Questions

• Where is the 10yr yield   1 Answer
    • If you had $100k where would you put it today   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

The process was several rounds over the phone and in person. You'll get asked standard technical and fit questions. Be prepared for general market questions as well as brainteasers. There aren't any surprises, if you got an interview then probably have relevant experience, so the process is to prove you can do the job and that you can mesh with the team.

Regional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by third party recruiter who informed me of the oportunity. Phone interview was the week after . A Regional consultant team leader calls and they want to get to know you, high level questions "why this college, why finance, why sales, etc".

I went in for two Face to face inerviews , but I had heard in the past it was only one.

Met with 2 regional consultants and maybe two or three higher ups, walked thru my resume then sat with a RC and shadowed him for 40 min. Tell me some current market news , tell me about yourself , etc nothing too technical

Know their products and history / fund awards

Second round was similar.

Overall was a good process, young atmosphere RC wise and would have accepted offer if it weren't for a better opportunity

Interview Questions

• What is the current fedfunds rate? 10 year treasury?   1 Answer
    • 2 things I liked about college /2 things I disliked   Answer Question

Regional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Took two months, Contacted by an Internal Wholesaler to set up phone interview. Basic questions about your resume. Followed by caliper test, then another phone interview. Still waiting on scheduling in person interview. Know company backround

Investment Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

Rude and patronizing interview from a group that is a mediocre performer. After having produced a strong track record managing a multi-billion dollar investment process, the interviewer suggested that I might be good enough to be a junior researcher tending to 'lite' research topics.

The Glassdoor reviews of Lord Abbett warned of some defective and arrogant personalities, and sure enough, my interviewer delivered on all counts. Life is too short to work with these sorts of people...

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the recent underperformance of small cap stocks?   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin, spoke with them and was set up for an in person interview at LA & Co within a few days.

I was given an online skills tests to test my competency.

Got to LA & Co, and was escorted into the IT Lab. In the lab, I was given a few minutes to explain my work experience and job duties. Then a few more IT professionals came in the room and began to barrage me with technical questions, barely giving me enough time to answer. They were rude and abrasive, I was definitely turned off to the position and the company as a whole.

I however, was able to answer there questions, and was scheduled for a second interview.

After a couple of days of phone-tag with my recruiter, I was not able to schedule a second interview.

Still awaiting a response.

Interview Questions

• What is the overall speed of an ethernet cable?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Went through several rounds and met with more than 10 people. The first round was phone screening, then it went to meeting with the group members. The hiring process is based on consensus as personal relationships are important at the firm. The last rounds were with Partners and the Executive team. Overall, the process evaluated every aspect of my candidacy and was fair in many regards. No unnecessary stressful questions but a good thorough review of my skills and abilities and background.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter at a staffing agency about the position. Had initial phone conversation with her and was called in for in-person interview at the company within 2 days. Met with hiring manager and two other team members. Though from the outside, the environment looks conservative and serious, everyone I met with was friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts about the position, now that you've heard more about it?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

I landed the initial interview through a NYC recruiter at the end of August. Everyone who interviews for any position at this organization always has to get through interviewing with the HR Manager first. If you are successful, the HR Manager will let your recruiter know and they will call you back to interview with the people you might work with/for. If you are not successful, the HR Manager will also provide that feedback to your recruiter, and your recruiter will let you know that the HR Manager passed.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

5 interviews and you have to take a test beforehand, everyone is wearing a white shirt with striped tie to convey the conservative approach. they want to see that you are competitive and motivated most importantly, i made the mistake of not paying much attention to the market. know current events

Interview Questions

• are you satisfied with your grades in school?   1 Answer