Lord Abbett & Co. Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.2

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was preceded by a short phone screen with a current Advisor Consultant. There were then two rounds with 5-6 interviews each day. First round was with other Advisor Consultants, mostly with a few years of experience. Second round was with more senior managers of different departments as well as with a partner.

Overall the questions asked were fair and covered a range of personal queries alongside more standard questions about what I think of the firm, what I know about its history, its performance, and the markets in general. The interviews were varied and with a myriad of departments, allowing for exposure to the different facets of the firm's operations, research and sales desks. It gave a more complete picture than might normally be obtained at a similar firm before working there. I also sat with several current Consultants for an hour or two. An offer was made a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of Lord Abbett's performance in the past few years, and can you compare it to its competitors? Also, what level of success is it in line for in the near-term?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

phone interview for about 25-30 minutes, then first round interview with 5-6 current advisor consultants, then a second (final) round interview with partners and directors to go over why the position is fit for you and how well you can effect the company in a positive way. Each and every person you meet is kind and welcoming to say the least. The firm is well respected and the interviews take about 10-15 minutes with each person you sit down with

Interview Questions

• what made you interested in the markets?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

6-9 interviews. Mostly similar questions. Don't be worried, they only think they know a lot about the markets. They don't. 2 days, about 4-5 interviews per day. 2 day process.

Interview Questions

• Where is the 10yr yield   1 Answer
    • If you had $100k where would you put it today   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

The process was several rounds over the phone and in person. You'll get asked standard technical and fit questions. Be prepared for general market questions as well as brainteasers. There aren't any surprises, if you got an interview then probably have relevant experience, so the process is to prove you can do the job and that you can mesh with the team.

Regional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by third party recruiter who informed me of the oportunity. Phone interview was the week after . A Regional consultant team leader calls and they want to get to know you, high level questions "why this college, why finance, why sales, etc".

I went in for two Face to face inerviews , but I had heard in the past it was only one.

Met with 2 regional consultants and maybe two or three higher ups, walked thru my resume then sat with a RC and shadowed him for 40 min. Tell me some current market news , tell me about yourself , etc nothing too technical

Know their products and history / fund awards

Second round was similar.

Overall was a good process, young atmosphere RC wise and would have accepted offer if it weren't for a better opportunity

Interview Questions

• What is the current fedfunds rate? 10 year treasury?   1 Answer
    • 2 things I liked about college /2 things I disliked   Answer Question

Regional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Took two months, Contacted by an Internal Wholesaler to set up phone interview. Basic questions about your resume. Followed by caliper test, then another phone interview. Still waiting on scheduling in person interview. Know company backround

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

2 rounds - first you meet with only current advisor consultants, the next you start to meet with heads of departments & partners (gets a little intense but most people you sit with are super nice) -- the first round is a joke, these people are 1-2 years out of college and act like they are industry veterans (just talk about sports)

Investment Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

Rude and patronizing interview from a group that is a mediocre performer. After having produced a strong track record managing a multi-billion dollar investment process, the interviewer suggested that I might be good enough to be a junior researcher tending to 'lite' research topics.

The Glassdoor reviews of Lord Abbett warned of some defective and arrogant personalities, and sure enough, my interviewer delivered on all counts. Life is too short to work with these sorts of people...

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the recent underperformance of small cap stocks?   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin, spoke with them and was set up for an in person interview at LA & Co within a few days.

I was given an online skills tests to test my competency.

Got to LA & Co, and was escorted into the IT Lab. In the lab, I was given a few minutes to explain my work experience and job duties. Then a few more IT professionals came in the room and began to barrage me with technical questions, barely giving me enough time to answer. They were rude and abrasive, I was definitely turned off to the position and the company as a whole.

I however, was able to answer there questions, and was scheduled for a second interview.

After a couple of days of phone-tag with my recruiter, I was not able to schedule a second interview.

Still awaiting a response.

Interview Questions

• What is the overall speed of an ethernet cable?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Went through several rounds and met with more than 10 people. The first round was phone screening, then it went to meeting with the group members. The hiring process is based on consensus as personal relationships are important at the firm. The last rounds were with Partners and the Executive team. Overall, the process evaluated every aspect of my candidacy and was fair in many regards. No unnecessary stressful questions but a good thorough review of my skills and abilities and background.