Lord Abbett & Co. Regional Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lord Abbett & Co. Regional Consultant Interview Questions

3.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by third party recruiter who informed me of the oportunity. Phone interview was the week after . A Regional consultant team leader calls and they want to get to know you, high level questions "why this college, why finance, why sales, etc".

I went in for two Face to face inerviews , but I had heard in the past it was only one.

Met with 2 regional consultants and maybe two or three higher ups, walked thru my resume then sat with a RC and shadowed him for 40 min. Tell me some current market news , tell me about yourself , etc nothing too technical

Know their products and history / fund awards

Second round was similar.

Overall was a good process, young atmosphere RC wise and would have accepted offer if it weren't for a better opportunity

Interview Questions

• What is the current fedfunds rate? 10 year treasury?   1 Answer
  • 2 things I liked about college /2 things I disliked   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lord Abbett & Co.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Took two months, Contacted by an Internal Wholesaler to set up phone interview. Basic questions about your resume. Followed by caliper test, then another phone interview. Still waiting on scheduling in person interview. Know company backround

Regional Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in October 2014.

Interview

Walked in kid who is doing the same job im interviewing for shows me around. Meet with 3 people from around the company nothing crazy. Kid told me how to approach each person and were mostly easy to talk too.

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions on books ive recently
      Do you follow market? Explain what you think is going on.   Answer Question

Regional Consultant Interview

Interview

One phone interview followed up by a day with four interviews. They just want to understand who you are and why you want to be in sales.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Question- Name a book that you recently read. What was it about? What did you get out of it?   Answer Question

Regional Consultant Interview

Interview

Went in for 1 on 1 interviews, basic questions and personality tests. Not too stressful

Interview Questions

• Not tough, but pretty much explain the market and why youd be good at sales   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

1.Phone interview.
    2. In person interview. Met with three managers. Good cop/bad cop. Sat with wholesaler for 20 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

The first round of interviews was a phone interview--questions about your resume, why would you be interested in Sales? etc Hardest question- Do you think were headed for a double dip recession?

After that they make you take a caliper test to see you strengths and weaknesses--answer it honestly

If you pass all that then they call you in for an in person interview. You have 4 1:1 interviews with managers, and partners. For me they all seemed to ask very similar questions. Why Lord Abbett? Why Sales? What does it take to be a good sales person? etc etc

A friend of mine that works there had warned me they like to play good cop, bad cop. Some interviews were nice and friendly, others were just ready to drill you with questions.

I did not get the offer. Good luck!

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

A 2 interview process. Most people hired for the internal desk had someone pass along their resume. The first interview is via phone. Simple interview (walk me through your resume, why finance, why sales, etc.). If you get through that, you will need to do a Caliper test and the in person interview consist of about 4 interviews with different people. Similar to the phone interview; walk me through your resume, why sales, why Lord Abbett.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Since I was hired, the base pay has increased but still lags the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

First contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of normal questions about myself (where do you see yourself in 5 years?) and a description of the position. Was then sent a caliper test that took 1-2 hours. We then scheduled an in-office interview. The in-office interview consisted of 3 1:1 interviews (one of which was with a Partner) and shadowing a Regional Consultant. The entire in-office interview took about 3 hours.

Regional Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lord Abbett & Co. in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted within a few days to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty standard - previous applicable experience, why LA, knowledge on current financial events. After the phone interview I was emailed a caliper test for personality with an additional logic section. Took the test, and was invited for an in-person interview at the office.

I interviewed with three people and then sat with an RC for about 20mins to see what her job consisted of. Some of the interviewers were very friendly and personable, others were harsher and started firing analytical questions at me before I even sat down. Overall I thought it went well, but I received an email about a week later saying they were not going to pursue me.

Interview Questions

• Pick your favorite economic concept and teach it to me.   Answer Question