Lord & Taylor Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lord & Taylor Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Skokie, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I found the job opening through a job board. I applied and got a call the next day to come in for an interview the following day. The interview was quick and lasted about 10 minutes or less. I gave my resume and most questions she asked were directed towards work and volunteer experiences listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in retail or inventory before?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lord & Taylor

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Paramus, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday and got an email from the HR rep on the following Tuesday. She asked me to come in the next day for an interview. It was very relaxed and short. I got there early and she took me in, we actually finished before my scheduled interview time! She was super sweet and asked about 3 or 4 questions (only one of them felt like a real interview question). Then right away i was given the job. I think they are hiring almost anyone for seasonal positions. Afterwards she told me to make an account on their website so I could fill in working documents. I came in for a paid training session the next monday.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently in college?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Youve never had a job before?   1 Answer
    • Does the thought of a difficult or angry customer frighten you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Paramus, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com, I have never had a job before so I was nervous about getting one. I was emailed back two days later asking to come in for an interview. The HR lady, Georgianne, was very laid back and sweet. She asked me two or three questions and then asked me to come in for training later in the week. I was confused at first because it sounded like I instantly got the job, which was correct. All my coworkers had a similar experience, getting immediately hired during the interview. However, a new HR rep just started working for us, so I am not sure if the process is still as smooth.

Interview Questions

• Would you get frustrated dealing with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor.

Interview

Very easy process. Applied to work seasonally at Eastchester location and they more or less hired me on the spot, followed by a one-day training program of how to operate the cash register, along with typical store guidelines, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Manhasset, NY).

Interview

interview was very good and informative. and was asked what departments i wanted to work in. also told of discounts and wardrobe to wear job and specific color to wear.

Interview Questions

• experience and availability   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the seasonal sales associate. I received a call from someone at HR less than 24 hours later. During the phone call the only thing she asked me was when I was available to come in to talk about scheduling. I went in and there were no interview questions at all.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I signed my name and took a seat to wait with about 8 other people. When I was called in, I spoke with a person who was not scheduled to give interviews. We carried on a professional relaxed conversation and afterwards, she asked someone to give me paperwork to fill out. I sat outside again, filled the paperwork and discussed a training schedule with another HR lady.

Interview Questions

• What was challenging about my last employment position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I went in for a job fair during the holidays. You had an interview on the spot. She asked about 3 questions then further went on to briefly talk about the Seasonal position and composation. You were given your schedule for the entire course. I filled out paper work then started training later that week. I officially started working that following week.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Human Resources manager called me to schedule an interview. Had an interview with the store manager because the Human Resources Manager was not available. Received a call back in a few days and scheduled training.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lord & Taylor (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied a few nights before I received a phone call asking if was willing to do an interview over the phone..questions were basic..my hours, my experience and what's customer service to me..I've been working retail since I was 17 so it was a piece of cake..I then was offered to come in for a second interview the next day..I went in expecting it to be a room full of other potential candidates but it was just me and another female..basically was told their were 2 spots left and if I was willing to work the schedule then the job was mines..everybody in HR were super polite. Hopefully they keep me after the holidays :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were offering the seasonal position pay rate. No negotiating done