Lorillard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lorillard Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Dorchester, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lorillard (Dorchester, SC).

Interview

Was called by a manager trainee, and asked if I were still interested in the job, etc..
    Asked 5-6 basic questions to ensure I was serious about the job (does the salary meet your financial requirements, etc.)
    Then was scheduled for a online personality test of about 50-60 questions which were answered on a scale of (highly disagree - highly agree)
    Then was finally scheduled for an in person interview.
    Was brought into a hotel conference center w/ Division Manager, Assistant Division Manager, and Regional Manager.
    Atmosphere was friendly and professional
    Asked basic interview questions (what makes you the best candidate for the job, etc.)

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation in salary. I knew about this before hand from a friend. Apparently if you asked for a negotiated salary, your interview was cut short because it was non-negotiable.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lorillard.

Interview

Apply online on career builder/phone interview asking where you have worked and how you prepared for the job/ 2 in person interviews with division manager and regional manager.

interviews took about an hour each. the company is getting bought out.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lorillard (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a lot less difficult than I expected it to be. Because it was for a sales rep position, and I had experienced it with other sales rep interviews, I thought it was going to be purely a STAR format interview. It turned out to be just the opposite. The first interview had very basic questions, like, "Why Lorillard?" An interviewee's success in these interviews are contingent upon knowing some important facts about the company (products, history, etc.). I showed him that I knew a lot about the company, and I even brought a long list of questions for him to answer (his eyes widened when he saw just how many questions I had for him. That was a good sign). This first interview lasted about an hour and 10 minutes, but he was impressed and decided to move me onto the next phase, which was the field day.
    The field day is not hard, but it is long and tiring. I spent almost nine hours with two division managers (one of which was the guy who interviewed me), which is not common, because it is usually a field day with an experienced sales rep. For the first half of the day, I was driven to different locations and allowed to observe what an outside sales rep for Lorillard does. I asked a lot of questions (I had about 20 written in a notebook), and the two managers were very friendly and willing to answer anything I asked. After lunch, which the company paid for, the lead division manager told me it was time for me to get my hands dirty. For the next 4.5 hours, they allowed me to drive the company car to the various locations, introduce the group to the store managers, enter in data into the computer system, clean up the displays, and put up new signage. At one point, the lead division manager even said, "Pretend we are not here and do what needs to be done." It was just putting a big, hanging sign, but still, I am glad that I was able to have that experience because it made me feel like I could really sink my teeth into this job. The hands-on part of the field day is not common with other companies because they worry about possible injuries, but I found it to be extremely helpful. How else would a person really understand what the job is about if they aren't allowed to physically interact with the product and the retailers.
    By the end of the field day I was exhausted (we had to spend 45 minutes in bumper to bumper rush-hour traffic when I was taking the division managers back to their hotel), but I felt confident that I had asked good questions, and made a good impression.
    A good question to ask at the end of the interview and field day is, "What sort of reservations would you have about hiring me?" This will give you an idea of what you did right and what you need to work on. Luckily, the managers told me that they had none.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate. My original assumption about the yearly salary turned out to be about $2500 less than it turned out to be, so the salary, which was already impressive, became even more enticing.

Organizational Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lorillard (Greensboro, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online. The in house recruiter contacted me about a month and a half after I applied. The recruiter did a phone interview at that point. I was then scheduled for an in person interview. I was to be prepared for a 3 hour interview process. I was also to prepare an 3-5 minute ice breaker for a group of about 5 people. The ice breaker was first and included hiring manager, human resource representative, compensation manager and the recruiting manger. The first interview was the hiring manager, human resource representative, and compensation manager. The second interview was the recruiter and the recruiting manager. They also collected the paperwork that was emailed to me to fill out before I got there. There was a timed PowerPoint assessment after. This assessment was difficult and did not allow for shortcuts to be used. It did not seem that they really had a great job description or a handle on exactly what they want the person in the position to do. It was more of...whatever we need for you to do, you do; just fill in. It was admitted during the interviews that the culture is antiquated. They are a suit everyday environment. Individuals are also permitted to smoke anywhere on the campus, and it often happens in meetings.

Interview Questions

• You have been given a project. How do you tell your manager their baby is ugly?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lorillard (San Dimas, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. Followed by in person interview. Followed by a ride along interview in the territory.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lorillard in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and then a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• What would be you areas that you see you woudl need to improve   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lorillard.

Interview

Recruiter worked to obtain interview for the position. I met with HR representative and two other managers, one of which would be my boss, and one other manager. The job was fairly new to the organization and the previous person had essentially created it themselves. The job responsibilities were fairly straightforward. However, the understanding I observed was the culture was fairly set in their ways on how things are done.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest disappointment you've had as a manager?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lorillard (Greensboro, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

A call from the headhunter,two telephone interviews with the hiring manager, followed by a skype interview with the core project team management. Interviewed on Tuesday over the phone and Thursday via skype and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Was I OK working in a smoking environment?   1 Answer
    • The usual, how many projects, what kind, hardest project, etc.   1 Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lorillard (Saint Charles, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

It was pretty intensive. Started with a Face to face interview followed by ride along, then 2weeks training. Interviewed by district manager as well as regional manager, then offered position

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lorillard (Cleveland, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

First question: walk us through a typical day at your current job. I interviewed with the District Manager and the regional Manager. They were both pleasant and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's a long process, drug screen background check, BMW check, and credit check. If you do not have good credit don't bother, my credit was ok however I never cleared some things up with the credit bureaus so I had been given the offer of employment and then they recanted because of my credit. I cleared it all up and was offered back the position. They will also ask you give us a specific example of when you had a issue at work and how you resolved it..