Los Angeles County Sanitation District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.8

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District (Long Beach, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

A series of questions typical interview questions that you would get for an entry level position. The interviewers were very friendly and the process was easy. Interview process was first an aptitude/ skill test, followed by an interview, and lastly a background check

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time that you had a dispute with your boss and how did you solve this problem?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District in March 2017.

Interview

They just wanted to get to know you! They asked a question on what you can offer them, I got the interview through school. They took two months after the interview to let me know I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was held on campus. The interview was very brief, with very standard questions. There were no technical questions. They mostly only wanted to understand what you knew about LACSD.

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District (New York, NY).

Interview

Took the initial exam which was fairly difficult but fair. Made it to the selection interview and didn't hear back for some time that I wasn't selected for the job. Interview was informative and they asked mainly technical questions related to the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District in April 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted of a half hour long video call with a experienced engineer. They mostly asked questions pertaining to wastewater treatment systems and typical behavioral questions about school, work ethic, performance, etc.

Water Utility Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Panel with 4 people 2 from company 1 from another company but same service. The HR person lead the interview. The panel had their own written questions approximately 14. No technical most reaction questions. They seemed more interested in personal response to situations.

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District (Whittier, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was overall very good. The interviewee was very nice and he asked basic questions regarding the wastewater treatment process. I found out that I have obtained the offer roughly three weeks after the interview process. The HR was very nice and helpful throughout the process.

Student Engineer Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District.

Interview

I find the job opportunities through the job fair of my university. I upload my resume through the website of job fair and then I got an opportunity for interview of LACSD. First, the officer viewed my resume and ask me some background questions about my resume and my experience, such as the study experience in my undergraduate university.And then only one technical question: waste water treatment. He also asks me questions about LACSD,For example: what does LACSD do?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District.

Interview

Hiring comes from within the group that you are assigned to. The interview is base on how well you did on the written test as well as how well you perform in the current position that you were hired for ie being on time, attendance, attitude and apperance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

unknow.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles County Sanitation District (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

On-campus interview with a civil engineer.

Behavior questions first. 1) How is your time management skills. 2) What role you would want to play in a team.

Then two technical questions:1) waste-water treatment process, 2) open channel flow.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary is determined by degree type.