Los Angeles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Los Angeles

2.8

Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

first is a test, then its a questions, then its physical and then interview, the is the medical. after that every test took least a month to complete. then after a weeks and month you interview with a chain of command sergeant. after that its determine if you'll make it to the next police academy.

Interview Questions

• a complete background check   1 Answer

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

DWP On-Campus Interview at university campus, conducted at the career center. 75/25 split of behavioral and technical questions. Technical questions were about basic fluid mechanic principles as well as explanation of combustion principles.

Applications Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called into a banding interview. They asked about my knowledge and asked a few behavioral questions. After a few weeks I was placed in a band. A month later I was called in for another interview on-site. I was interviewed by a panel of managers and senior level employees. There was no technical coding challenge, they just asked some behavioral questions and about my experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage multiple projects with different deadlines?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I was looking for an internship while I was still in school. I had interned for a campaign before and was very happy with the candidate. The office atmosphere was very welcoming. It was great to attend events, shadow the employees, and it was great for networking.

Interview Questions

• Are you taking any classes on local government or political process?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Los Angeles (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Communication via email. I was referred to the position. Interview questions were about my resume. Remember to be yourself. Interviewer was great and personable. As all interviews they wanted to make sure if it would be a good fit.

Intern Interview

Interview

Quite average interview; ask you office, reporting skills. Some behavioral questions (communication style, teamwork experience). Relevant coursework finished in school.

Interviewed by several staffs together. City has its own evaluation standard for different positions. But overall, the interview is quite standard.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles.

Interview

Civil service test and interview. Followed by dept interviews. And that's about all it takes. Making me put in 50 words to describe a very straightforward process is ridiculous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Once passing the written exam, the interview will be at the Personnel Department, usually with a two-member panel. The average time is 20-30 minutes for this entry-level position. I felt it was important to discuss education and any past or current jobs that were relevant to the position you're applying for. When the panelists ask questions, answer them as concisely as possible, without rambling. If you forget to say something, there is an opportunity at the end of the interview to add it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your background and experience prepares you for this position.   Answer Question

Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

You first take a written exam. In some positions, its a pass or fail: all who pass will be interviewed and the grades will be based on your performance on the panel interview. In some cases, they ranked all the applicants based on their exam score. The top 5% usually get interviewed for the position. If you passed the panel interview and then background check and medical exam, you get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• (1) Tell us about your education and experience that prepared you for this job (2) Give you a series of scenarios and then asked you what will you do? ex. a situation where you have a problem with a co-worker, how you resolve a problem   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position with the help of career center in college. It took 2 weeks to get an email saying my resume was shortlisted.After shortlisting resume, one Interview face to face will be there in the company.

Interview Questions

• It is pretty much about the past projects, new skills learned in college and how we apply to real world problems.   Answer Question