Los Angeles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.9

Street Lighting Engineering Associate Interview

Interview

I had my second interview with Bureau of Street Lighting in downtown LA after getting score of 95 out of 100 from my first in campus interview.
    It was street lighting associate position, with ‘THIS IS A TRAINEE POSITION’ commented on job posting and basic, entry level requirements. Two female interviewers interviewed me for les than 10 min, it was down to earth easy and in fast pace, not even one technical question. They asked questions pretty fast and I answered. So obvious they already know whom they are going to hire or already hired. I’ve got result two days later, “we have selected the candidate whose experience most closely matches the requirements of this position”. Where in the earth a Mechanical engineering graduate who is working as an street lighting engineer is more qualify from an EIT certified Electrical or Civil engineer for this position, except they are hiring people who have good connection in the system.
    I am asking Personnel Department to change or remove “An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer “ motto, from their applications form and job posting.

Interview Questions

• Don’t bother to prepare for interview.
      1- Do you know AutoCAD
      2- What is your weakness and strengths, how are you going to improve?
      3- How do you score your presentation ability from 1 to 10?
      4- Tell us about your education and experience
      Answer Question

Student Professional Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

applied online, and after a year i got contacted. there was a first interview that is an 'exam' according to your score that will determine where you will be placed on the calling list.

Interview Questions

• what is customer service to you?
      What are you strengths and weakness?
      How do handle a situation where a part didnt come on time and the customer needs it?
      what do you know about trouble shooting?
      What do you do when you are assigned a task, and dont know how to do it?
      what are three basic functions that are critical to the company?
      Answer Question

Assistant Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Only a positive experience of Interview process. Applied to the job position in November 2015. Invited for testing in April 2016. Received e-mail with the score over 70 points. Then invited to the first interview in May 2016. Regular interview with 10 questions. Questions mostly situations (What you going to do with an unhappy customer?) and personal achievements (Why do you think you are fit for this position?). Received e-mail with my interview score and have been placed on the eligibility list. In June 2016 received an invitation for the interview from Department of Building & Safety, Housing and Public Works. Almost at the same time(July 2016) got all three internal interviews scheduled with representatives from the department. Same drill again - interviews with 10 questions. Then I received a call from each department within 1 to 7 days with job offers.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were different but about the same topic. First question is always about How do you fit for the position and Why do you think you are ready for this position? Then couple questions about customer service (how would you deal with an unhappy customer).   1 Answer

Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I took a qualifying written test, which allowed me take a placement interview. Based on my combined score I received interview certifications to apply for positions in different city departments.

Student Professional Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The first interview was 2 weeks after the submission of application. This interview was very short and simple. There was two interviewers; One was from management department, the other was from technical department. They had a list of question set and asked it to everyone, which I thought it was fair to assess with the same tool. First interview only takes 20 minutes. After first interview, I got a letter of your score/grade 2 weeks later. Few weeks later, several division contacted me and set dates for second interview.

Materials Testing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I came in about an hour early for the interview. Checked in with the front desk. They told me to have a seat. I was called shortly and taken to a room with the 2 interviewers. They asked a couple questions. The entire process took about 15 minutes. At the end, they asked if I had any questions for them. They seemed just as nervous as I was- not very nervous.

Applications Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called into a banding interview. They asked about my knowledge and asked a few behavioral questions. After a few weeks I was placed in a band. A month later I was called in for another interview on-site. I was interviewed by a panel of managers and senior level employees. There was no technical coding challenge, they just asked some behavioral questions and about my experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage multiple projects with different deadlines?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Los Angeles in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on a college campus, one male and one female interviewer. One was friendly the other was very clearly not. Maybe they were just tired because they interviewed various individuals on that day. Various power questions, few basic questions.

Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

You first take a written exam. In some positions, its a pass or fail: all who pass will be interviewed and the grades will be based on your performance on the panel interview. In some cases, they ranked all the applicants based on their exam score. The top 5% usually get interviewed for the position. If you passed the panel interview and then background check and medical exam, you get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• (1) Tell us about your education and experience that prepared you for this job (2) Give you a series of scenarios and then asked you what will you do? ex. a situation where you have a problem with a co-worker, how you resolve a problem   Answer Question

Waste Control Engineer Inspector Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

So far I've only taken the written exam. They list reasoning, reading comprehension, physics, biology, and chemistry, but focus chemistry elements. There is practice reading comp on their website. Reasoning is simply pattern recognition.