Los Angeles Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.9

Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Once passing the written exam, the interview will be at the Personnel Department, usually with a two-member panel. The average time is 20-30 minutes for this entry-level position. I felt it was important to discuss education and any past or current jobs that were relevant to the position you're applying for. When the panelists ask questions, answer them as concisely as possible, without rambling. If you forget to say something, there is an opportunity at the end of the interview to add it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your background and experience prepares you for this position.   Answer Question

Student Professional Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

applied online, and after a year i got contacted. there was a first interview that is an 'exam' according to your score that will determine where you will be placed on the calling list.

Interview Questions

• what is customer service to you?
      What are you strengths and weakness?
      How do handle a situation where a part didnt come on time and the customer needs it?
      what do you know about trouble shooting?
      What do you do when you are assigned a task, and dont know how to do it?
      what are three basic functions that are critical to the company?
      Answer Question

Assistant Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Only a positive experience of Interview process. Applied to the job position in November 2015. Invited for testing in April 2016. Received e-mail with the score over 70 points. Then invited to the first interview in May 2016. Regular interview with 10 questions. Questions mostly situations (What you going to do with an unhappy customer?) and personal achievements (Why do you think you are fit for this position?). Received e-mail with my interview score and have been placed on the eligibility list. In June 2016 received an invitation for the interview from Department of Building & Safety, Housing and Public Works. Almost at the same time(July 2016) got all three internal interviews scheduled with representatives from the department. Same drill again - interviews with 10 questions. Then I received a call from each department within 1 to 7 days with job offers.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were different but about the same topic. First question is always about How do you fit for the position and Why do you think you are ready for this position? Then couple questions about customer service (how would you deal with an unhappy customer).   1 Answer

Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I took a qualifying written test, which allowed me take a placement interview. Based on my combined score I received interview certifications to apply for positions in different city departments.

Student Professional Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The first interview was 2 weeks after the submission of application. This interview was very short and simple. There was two interviewers; One was from management department, the other was from technical department. They had a list of question set and asked it to everyone, which I thought it was fair to assess with the same tool. First interview only takes 20 minutes. After first interview, I got a letter of your score/grade 2 weeks later. Few weeks later, several division contacted me and set dates for second interview.

Materials Testing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I came in about an hour early for the interview. Checked in with the front desk. They told me to have a seat. I was called shortly and taken to a room with the 2 interviewers. They asked a couple questions. The entire process took about 15 minutes. At the end, they asked if I had any questions for them. They seemed just as nervous as I was- not very nervous.

Applications Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called into a banding interview. They asked about my knowledge and asked a few behavioral questions. After a few weeks I was placed in a band. A month later I was called in for another interview on-site. I was interviewed by a panel of managers and senior level employees. There was no technical coding challenge, they just asked some behavioral questions and about my experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage multiple projects with different deadlines?   1 Answer

Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

You first take a written exam. In some positions, its a pass or fail: all who pass will be interviewed and the grades will be based on your performance on the panel interview. In some cases, they ranked all the applicants based on their exam score. The top 5% usually get interviewed for the position. If you passed the panel interview and then background check and medical exam, you get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• (1) Tell us about your education and experience that prepared you for this job (2) Give you a series of scenarios and then asked you what will you do? ex. a situation where you have a problem with a co-worker, how you resolve a problem   Answer Question

Waste Control Engineer Inspector Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

So far I've only taken the written exam. They list reasoning, reading comprehension, physics, biology, and chemistry, but focus chemistry elements. There is practice reading comp on their website. Reasoning is simply pattern recognition.

Electrical Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had an initial interview, I was ranked on a list, and as the Department posts jobs with this title, receive notices. I respond with my resume. If they like , they call back and schedule an interview. (Estimate 3-13 months for this process)

Interview Questions

• two behavioral question,three technical   1 Answer
    • "Tell me about yourself" and "Is there anything else you would like to add that was not in your resume?"   1 Answer