Los Angeles USD ESL Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Los Angeles USD

3.5

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Gate, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (South Gate, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Although being an internal candidate it took awhile to get an interview due to the amount of candidates applying for positions. However, when contacted it was everything went smoothly. The interviewers were the assistant principal of another location, then after clearing that level the final interview was held by the sites principal and assistant principal.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were scenarios of what one would do with a student who was proficient in English but did not want to move up to the next level.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was during processing and as an exempt rookie there were no perks offered.

Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles USD

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Brought my resume, credentials and Tuberculosis Clearance to LAUSD. I was finger printed for a back ground check. Met with a panel of 5 district employees who looked at my documents and asked me an assortment of questions. They asked me where I lived, and we talked about what schools had openings and at what times.

Interview Questions

• What types of professional development activities do you engage in?
      Are you bilingual?
      How would you handle a discipline problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate about location because at that time there were many jobs openings. The work hours you shouldn't bother negotiating. If there is an opening, take it. Generally, newer ESL teachers teach at night.