Los Angeles USD English Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles USD English Teacher Interview Questions

2.5

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

Panel with Principal, Administrator, and sometimes there is a teacher or parent.

Interview Questions

• How would you... scenario questions, but as fellow educators we're made for these off the wall scenarios!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles USD

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

It was not nearly as rigorous as one would think . I taught a lesson and spoke to my pedagoguzpcak practices but it appeared to be a perfunctory process because at the time they were having a teacher shortage. The district always has a freeze or a shortage . You never have much security on the job .

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student was hungry in coass?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

I was initially interviewed and processed through the centralized unit downtown. I actually applied to be a substitute just in case I didn't get hired (turned out to be a smart move for many reasons). I called the hiring unit and got updates on who was hiring. Then I contacted the school directly by calling first and then dropping off my resume. I was called for an interview by my first school choice and hired the same day. This was seven years ago, the climate has changed, but the process remains essentially the same.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with students who are behaving inappropriately in class?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Ask about the specific the teaching position. I was hired for 9th grade English, then after 1 month, my classes changed and I got 10th grade and one section of a 9th grade intervention class.