Los Angeles USD High School Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles USD High School Teacher Interview Questions

2.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was perfunctionary it was char poetic and obviously not planned well. In the end they over hired . We through 6 weeks of training and many had no job as promised

Interview Questions

• We taught a lesson they asked us about culture and it was easy to answer if you live in the city .   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles USD

High School Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

its was simple as far as meeting with the district to get fingerprinted, and processed. The interview comes from the school site

Interview Questions

• basic interview questions regarding situational workplace questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was hired at the school and told to go downtown to process the paperwork. After an hour drive in traffic I was told that the person I had an appointment with had gone for a root canal and would be back in 3 hours. I asked if there was someone else who could process my paperwork and the backup person told me that I couldn't be hired at that school because I am white and their numbers were out of compliance. I waited for the original person and he used a different calculator, so the numbers came out OK!

Interview Questions

• How do you control difficult students?   1 Answer

High School Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD in August 2011.

Interview

I was hired a while back and I think the process has changed but I was screened by two very friendly former teachers at the Beaudry building. Then I was sent out to different schools. I had to do a short lesson in front of a class and it went well and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What are your test scores? (Asked a few years ago when I was looking for another school in the district)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pacific Palisades, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Pacific Palisades, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I was initially hired on an emergency credential, but subsequently got a clear teaching credential, after which I was immediately hired at Palisades Charter High School after one interview. Most questions had to do with discipline not education...very little of which takes place in most LAUSD schools. I was hired because I had just finished teaching for 7 years in France and had gotten my clear credential in 2 quarters. The school I was hired to teach at was high performing when compared to the vast majority of failing LAUSD public schools. The thing that is most frustrating is that it would be easier to fix the problems than to maintain the failure, but there are political reasons for the latter.

Interview Questions

• Most questions had to do with discipline not education...very little of which takes place in most LAUSD schools. I was hired because I had just finished teaching for 7 years in France and had gotten my clear credential in 2 quarters. The school I was hired to teach at was high performing when compared to the vast majority of failing LAUSD public schools. The thing that is most frustrating is that it would be easier to fix the problems than to maintain the failure, but there are political reasons for the latter.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Your are ranked in exclusively based on credential, years of service at any school, and units beyond your BA and teaching credential. You top out on the salary scale with 10 years of service, but there are several minor career increments thereafter.

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Torrance, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

Twelve years ago I submitted a cover letter and resume and copies of my transcripts to the main office downtown in Los Angeles. I had a fifteen minute interview with the director of the adult education program. It was a very low key interview. It seemed more like a formality than anything else. Afterwards, I remember having to fill out a large amount of paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. Instructors pay is fixed.