Los Angeles USD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

90 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Biological and General Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (North Hills, CA).

Interview

Each individual principal that received my name contacted me and arranged an interview. The hiring team enlisted the help of all Stakeholders. Every school has their own needs when it comes to hiring a new teacher. It is important that the person or people in charge of hiring understand exactly what those needs are. These needs include certification, flexibility, personality, experience, curriculum, and most importantly the individual philosophy of the school district.

Understanding these needs before you begin the interview process allows those in charge to have a better idea of what you are looking for. This can help create a list of questions catered to these needs to drive the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• If I were a fly on the wall, what would I see going on in your classes?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Interview

1) Application and Verifications; 2) Written response done at home; 2) Personal interview; 3) 10 minute Demonstration lesson plan with recruiters acting as students. You had to write a lesson plan to give to the recruiters.

Interview Questions

• If a student was constantly disrupting the class by speaking out of turn and exhibiting off-task behavior, how would you address the student?   Answer Question

Campus Aide/Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Find a work location that's hiring . You will be contacted and giving a interview at the same location. An extensive F.B.I. and local background checks completed before employment.

Interview Questions

• Due to having so much education and experience I was asked ' do you want to teach ' .   1 Answer

Financial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (New York, NY).

Interview

Apply online. Invited for a Multiple choice exam. With a score of 70% or higher you're invited to a panel interview (2 people) within a two month period. After i received my final score I waited almost a year for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you demonstrated excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay starts at the lowest and increases each year.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted an online application and it took about 6 weeks to be invited for an interview. After being accepted to process for the position, I took a two day training.

Supervision Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Miscue of time frame. Was told hours i expected, were changed to different time frame. So therefore i wasnt to accept assigment.i sent email in got an interview fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• If i was available between certain hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Completed the online application and received an interview within one week, the interview was very relaxed and they provide you with ample time to compose your response to the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were situational, based upon how you would react to issues in the classroom   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Eligibility Interview first before you even get on the candidate list. Process took some time because of my references. Hiring managers get lots of emails so keeping in contact with them is a must in order to know your status.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a student walk out of class?   Answer Question

Application

I interviewed at Los Angeles USD in October 2016.

Interview

Though parking was difficult, the interview process was very casual and interviewer was easy-going. They asked about my previous experiences working with school aged youth, and explained the on-boarding process. However, the school district's employment process is slow moving which could be frustrating to some.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

Applied online, took a month and a half to receive an eligibility interview. Interview process: teach a 12 minute lesson to 2 people as the exhibit appropriate grade behaviors, then a formal one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you differentiate instruction? what actions would you take if you notice one student is doing all the work in the group?   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA