Los Angeles USD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.4

Pupil Services and Attendance Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

there is a job search on their website where you can see what positions they have open. Go to the district office and put in an application. they will email you for testing schedule. if you pass the test you have to be in rank 3 t be put n the eligibility list for hiring. once you get confirmation they call you for an interview and you sit in the room with 2-3 people and they rate your answers and make their decision.

Interview Questions

• what was the worst thing a manager ever told you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. they have a pay scale.

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. Based on experience. Best advise is to summarize personal work experience. Real life scenarios during your nursing career.Two interviews. Based on experience. Best advise is to summarize personal work experience. Real life scenarios during your nursing career

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Gate, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (South Gate, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Although being an internal candidate it took awhile to get an interview due to the amount of candidates applying for positions. However, when contacted it was everything went smoothly. The interviewers were the assistant principal of another location, then after clearing that level the final interview was held by the sites principal and assistant principal.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were scenarios of what one would do with a student who was proficient in English but did not want to move up to the next level.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was during processing and as an exempt rookie there were no perks offered.

Bilingual Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was brief by the title V coordinator and the Principal. They invited me into her office and looked very serious at first. She continued to take notes as I started talking.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a Bilingual Teacher Assistant?   1 Answer

Biological and General Science Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (North Hills, CA).

Interview

Each individual principal that received my name contacted me and arranged an interview. The hiring team enlisted the help of all Stakeholders. Every school has their own needs when it comes to hiring a new teacher. It is important that the person or people in charge of hiring understand exactly what those needs are. These needs include certification, flexibility, personality, experience, curriculum, and most importantly the individual philosophy of the school district.

Understanding these needs before you begin the interview process allows those in charge to have a better idea of what you are looking for. This can help create a list of questions catered to these needs to drive the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• If I were a fly on the wall, what would I see going on in your classes?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Interview

1) Application and Verifications; 2) Written response done at home; 2) Personal interview; 3) 10 minute Demonstration lesson plan with recruiters acting as students. You had to write a lesson plan to give to the recruiters.

Interview Questions

• If a student was constantly disrupting the class by speaking out of turn and exhibiting off-task behavior, how would you address the student?   Answer Question

Educational Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

First, a telephone interview was conducted that was followed by a face-to-face interview. After which I was provided with a list of possible schools that had teaching positions vacant and was instructed to contact those schools to arrange for an interview with the principal.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult parent?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Eligibility Interview first before you even get on the candidate list. Process took some time because of my references. Hiring managers get lots of emails so keeping in contact with them is a must in order to know your status.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a student walk out of class?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Completed the online application and received an interview within one week, the interview was very relaxed and they provide you with ample time to compose your response to the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were situational, based upon how you would react to issues in the classroom   Answer Question

Supervision Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Miscue of time frame. Was told hours i expected, were changed to different time frame. So therefore i wasnt to accept assigment.i sent email in got an interview fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• If i was available between certain hours?   1 Answer