Los Angeles USD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles USD Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.4

Special Education Assistant Interview

Interview

There wasn't an official interview when I got hired but I've heard that employees usually sit before a panel consisting of a parent, principal, teacher, and union representative. General questions are asked. They will give you a scenario question and ask what you would do. General reading and math test is administered at a different time, along with fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions can be difficult. You never know what they are going to ask so you need to be prepared for any question. Always have the students' safety and privacy in mind.   Answer Question

Mock Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

Had a mock interview set up with someone from LA USD.

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

Panel with Principal, Administrator, and sometimes there is a teacher or parent.

Interview Questions

• How would you... scenario questions, but as fellow educators we're made for these off the wall scenarios!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

There wasn't much of an interview process. I got the position after a recommendation through networking. My general impression is that you don't make it into the district without having an "in". Of course, you will have to competent and good at what you do, but you will probably have to network yourself into the mix.

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pacific Palisades, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Pacific Palisades, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I was initially hired on an emergency credential, but subsequently got a clear teaching credential, after which I was immediately hired at Palisades Charter High School after one interview. Most questions had to do with discipline not education...very little of which takes place in most LAUSD schools. I was hired because I had just finished teaching for 7 years in France and had gotten my clear credential in 2 quarters. The school I was hired to teach at was high performing when compared to the vast majority of failing LAUSD public schools. The thing that is most frustrating is that it would be easier to fix the problems than to maintain the failure, but there are political reasons for the latter.

Interview Questions

• Most questions had to do with discipline not education...very little of which takes place in most LAUSD schools. I was hired because I had just finished teaching for 7 years in France and had gotten my clear credential in 2 quarters. The school I was hired to teach at was high performing when compared to the vast majority of failing LAUSD public schools. The thing that is most frustrating is that it would be easier to fix the problems than to maintain the failure, but there are political reasons for the latter.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Your are ranked in exclusively based on credential, years of service at any school, and units beyond your BA and teaching credential. You top out on the salary scale with 10 years of service, but there are several minor career increments thereafter.

Maintenance Interview

Interview

Long process and lacked information on actual job responsibilities. Testing is required and was pretty straight forward. All interview activities are held in downtown Los angeles. The remaing are via phone calls.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions just lack of information where you will be assigned. They inform you after exhausting your time. If you hope to work in the valley, you might as well forget about that. They don't throw much resources there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

Applied online, took a month and a half to receive an eligibility interview. Interview process: teach a 12 minute lesson to 2 people as the exhibit appropriate grade behaviors, then a formal one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you differentiate instruction? what actions would you take if you notice one student is doing all the work in the group?   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Torrance, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

Twelve years ago I submitted a cover letter and resume and copies of my transcripts to the main office downtown in Los Angeles. I had a fifteen minute interview with the director of the adult education program. It was a very low key interview. It seemed more like a formality than anything else. Afterwards, I remember having to fill out a large amount of paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. Instructors pay is fixed.

Special Education Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Nothing much to it but applying, having minimum courses in child development, and passing a test which is easy.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was fine, as long as you have a college degree and have passed the CBEST.

Interview Questions

• It has been so long ago; maybe how much math did you have in college?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. It is what it is.