Los Angeles USD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Los Angeles USD

2.5

Office Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Did not call me yet I'm looking forward because lauds is a good employer. Good benefits and job security. I can choose what school and area I want to work. I'm looking forward to work for lausd.

Intern Interview

Interview

There wasn't much of an interview process. I got the position after a recommendation through networking. My general impression is that you don't make it into the district without having an "in". Of course, you will have to competent and good at what you do, but you will probably have to network yourself into the mix.

Sign Language Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

First, fill out application online when position opens. LAUSD HR office will contact you and request submission of certifications, and other pertinent documents. You would be called in to take a Sign Language test if you are not RID Certified, or not have a 4.0 or higher EIPA score. After everything is approved your name goes to a master list from schools who are in need of interpreters pulls information from. One of the schools will call you to arrange an interview with the Principal, or with a panel that might include the Principal, Teacher/s, and the Counselor.

Interview Questions

• What would you do, if while interpreting, you find out that there is suspicion of child abuse?   1 Answer

Adult Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I got this job by fluke. I applied as an adult ed sub. Called in one night to sub. I asked the administrator du jour to model instruction. She did, and asked if I could handle it. I said I did, and I did. I got the job permanently a few weeks later and never looked back until the recent job cuts have affected my pay and job security..

Negotiation

UTLA, the union, and the District, per collective bargaining agreement,

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

No Interview. I applied online and was given multiple forms to fill out in regards to safety, regulations, tax forms, etc. I then had to go to a local district office to sign additional forms and receive copies of the building information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Eligibility Interview first before you even get on the candidate list. Process took some time because of my references. Hiring managers get lots of emails so keeping in contact with them is a must in order to know your status.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a student walk out of class?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I went down to HQ and did a demo lesson. I decided to use photosynthesis as the topic of the lesson because I was going to be teaching science and I wanted to use an example that is fairly common and relatable so that the interviewer could participate in the learning process. There was only one interviewer and the process took around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you foresee experiencing in the classroom and how would you overcome these challenges?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed at the district office and in each the principal's office. Some schools interview you with a team that includes other specialists, teachers, administration, and parents. They ask you about 12 questions, and may ask you for a second interview with another set of 12 questions. You will receive a call from the principal if they want to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this school?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a parent issue, if they came to your room in the morning?   1 Answer
    • How do you implement NGSS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process began at a hiring fair. I felt that the structure was very antiquated and not entirely professional. You realize about half-way through that they are simply trying to fill vacancies and aren't very interested in discussing school culture or vision. People drop their resume into a school with matching vacancies. You then interview with principals from each of the schools that express interest. I can't complain about the interview process, but I wasn't happy when I was promised several resources for my classroom that weren't available when the school year started.

Interview Questions

• How do you differentiate instruction for a classroom of students with a range of abilities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

They will give you 7-8 questions you need to answer in front of them. Then you will have a 12 minutes demo lesson, from beginning to the end, not just part of your lesson.

Interview Questions

• What do you do students are not engaging during group instruction time?   Answer Question