Los Angeles USD Substitute Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles USD Substitute Teacher Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.4

Substitute Teacher Interview

Interview

1) Application and Verifications; 2) Written response done at home; 2) Personal interview; 3) 10 minute Demonstration lesson plan with recruiters acting as students. You had to write a lesson plan to give to the recruiters.

Interview Questions

• If a student was constantly disrupting the class by speaking out of turn and exhibiting off-task behavior, how would you address the student?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles USD

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted an online application and it took about 6 weeks to be invited for an interview. After being accepted to process for the position, I took a two day training.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Completed the online application and received an interview within one week, the interview was very relaxed and they provide you with ample time to compose your response to the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were situational, based upon how you would react to issues in the classroom   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Must pass CBEST Exam. The conduct a background check. You must pass a tuberculosis (TB) Test. Must take a Physical exam. Fingerprinting is required. Then you have 45-60 min interview with one person. In the Beaudry building headquarters downtown LA.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was fine, as long as you have a college degree and have passed the CBEST.

Interview Questions

• It has been so long ago; maybe how much math did you have in college?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. It is what it is.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Average questions, nothing tricky. Recruiter wanted me to describe my education and teaching background. Recruiter went over paperwork (transcripts, etc.) more than anything. However, my recruiter was older and was slow to call references. I had to call often to check on application status.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

once an interview is obtained, the next steps are executed in a standard format similar to corporate functions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations. hourly rate based on education