Los Angeles USD TEACHERS ASSISTANT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles USD TEACHERS ASSISTANT Interview Questions

Interviews at Los Angeles USD

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I took the tests online and was told to look at the database that was online to contact schools that needed TA’s. Called one nearby and it was very straightforward interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles USD

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was hired by David Briones who was a former teacher when I attended school there. The hiring process was very informal because of our relationship. I took the district exam, passed both tests with 100% and was eligible to work for any LAUSD school. I went to work for O'Melveny Elementary.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Arleta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Arleta, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The process began the desired school for employment before the summer. Informal interviews with some of the administrators including the principal. The actual processing took place at an LAUSD office where there were two tests for english and math done by computer. The response was from the processing office took about 6 weeks. First day of work began two months after the initial application at the school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

You go to a school you want to work at, apply and submit your application. They want to see if you're child friendly and will work well with others. Sometimes they'll give you a basic skills test on math, language arts, and translating.

Anonymous Employee in Panorama City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Panorama City, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

applied directly to school, had to go to board of ed and take a few tests before finding out if i passed. After that i advised the hiring school and they gave me my start date.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

There really was no interview process. At the school I work at they usually hire people that they know through other people (such as you being friends or related to a staff member who already works at the school) so they will not have to do the interviewing process. I heard it is like that with most other LAUSD schools as well.

Interview Questions

• What hours and days are you avaliable   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

There was no interview. I just had to take two tests, get finger printed, and get a background check. The tests were very easy basic English and math questions.

Anonymous Employee in Panorama City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Panorama City, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Quick 1 on 1 interview ; hiring process is time consuming; asked basic questions. After the interview one must complete a proficiency exam and pass a background check. No drug test or previous experience needed

Teacher's Assistant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Los Angeles USD in October 2016.

Interview

Though parking was difficult, the interview process was very casual and interviewer was easy-going. They asked about my previous experiences working with school aged youth, and explained the on-boarding process. However, the school district's employment process is slow moving which could be frustrating to some.

TEACHERS ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Van Nuys, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was short, about 5 minutes. I met with the school principal and she asked me basic questions on my prior experience with kids and if I was still in school working on my bachelors degree.