Los Angeles USD Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles USD Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Eligibility Interview first before you even get on the candidate list. Process took some time because of my references. Hiring managers get lots of emails so keeping in contact with them is a must in order to know your status.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a student walk out of class?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles USD

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Look online for vacancies at the LAUSD website. Submit a Letter of Interest, Resume, Credential Verification, and Letters ofRecommendation to the Site Administrator, in person or via fax. If fully qualified and a top candidate, you will be contacted by phone and an interview will be scheduled. A panel interview with the Site Principal, Assistant Principal and Teacher Advisor will be conducted. You will be given a sheet of paper with the standard interview questions in written form. (The same questions are asked of every candidate.) You are then verbally asked these written questions. As you respond, the panelists make notes and may, or may not, ask you to clarify or elaborate on your responses. After you leave, they convene. If you are deemed a good fit, you will be called and offered a "limited" (non-permanent) position in about a week.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest challenge in the classroom with regard to student behavior management and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

I had one interview for an elementary school teaching position. I was asked several questions, from the standard "Why do you want to work here?" to "Delve into your experience working with children." I am bilingual (Spanish), and the area where the school was located had a majority of Latino students, so that came in handy when explaining my ability to communicate with Spanish-speaking parents if necessary.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to teach at this school and not X school in another district?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was straight out of undergrad so there was no negotiation. My salary was set.

Anonymous Employee in Watts, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Watts, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Lots of paperwork to fill out and deliver to different floors of headquarters. Many stamps required/boxes to check off. You have to give a sample teach and then answer behavioral questions. This clears you to work for the district but you still need to interview with individual principals. Overall, the difficult part of the interview was getting all of the paperwork filled out correctly and signed by the right person - it seems dated and intentionally tedious.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if students are trying to leave class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

My interview was very easy and conversational, but that is not normal. The principal at the time only cared that I was a UCLA grad with a Master's in Education.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I felt very unwelcomed in several schools. Only one Principal was genuinely warm and welcoming and made me feel as if she genuinely wanted to get to know me better.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I brought a friend in to interview and I was hired. I had a complete portfolio of past experiences, sample student work, parent and colleague references. I was the head of the PTSA at the time.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy most about teaching?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. There are salary tables with years and education points.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Quick and easy district interview followed by more questioning at local site. I was too anxious to get a job to thoroughly investigate the best working conditions. Fortunately I was able to transfer to a different school after the first semester.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't even think about negotiating at the time. I was given 3 choices of locations and then sent to interview at the school site.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The process takes some time before you get hired. You have to get fingerprinted. They will look closely at your references and you must get a TB test before you can go into the classroom. You must pass several test before you even get an interview. The actual interview is pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with children? Class management skills?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD in September 2010.

Interview

Met with the Principal she was very charming and professional. Questions asked: How do you differentiate instruction? What experience do you have working with students with special needs? What grade level are you most comfortable teaching?