Los Angeles USD Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles USD Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Los Angeles USD

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Eligibility Interview first before you even get on the candidate list. Process took some time because of my references. Hiring managers get lots of emails so keeping in contact with them is a must in order to know your status.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a student walk out of class?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles USD

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I went down to HQ and did a demo lesson. I decided to use photosynthesis as the topic of the lesson because I was going to be teaching science and I wanted to use an example that is fairly common and relatable so that the interviewer could participate in the learning process. There was only one interviewer and the process took around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you foresee experiencing in the classroom and how would you overcome these challenges?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed at the district office and in each the principal's office. Some schools interview you with a team that includes other specialists, teachers, administration, and parents. They ask you about 12 questions, and may ask you for a second interview with another set of 12 questions. You will receive a call from the principal if they want to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this school?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a parent issue, if they came to your room in the morning?   1 Answer
    • How do you implement NGSS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process began at a hiring fair. I felt that the structure was very antiquated and not entirely professional. You realize about half-way through that they are simply trying to fill vacancies and aren't very interested in discussing school culture or vision. People drop their resume into a school with matching vacancies. You then interview with principals from each of the schools that express interest. I can't complain about the interview process, but I wasn't happy when I was promised several resources for my classroom that weren't available when the school year started.

Interview Questions

• How do you differentiate instruction for a classroom of students with a range of abilities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

They will give you 7-8 questions you need to answer in front of them. Then you will have a 12 minutes demo lesson, from beginning to the end, not just part of your lesson.

Interview Questions

• What do you do students are not engaging during group instruction time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

There were several steps. One was to interview at the District Level, and then once approved by the district and verification of credentials and tests, you then have to interview at individual schools for openings.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was very brief. The interviewer called me over to his desk, looked at my resume. Asked me some generic teaching questions and then I was hired. They have improved their hiring process since I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very thorough and lengthy
    The background check took a long time, getting an appointment for a group panel interview tool about 3 months total. Make sure you have all updated medical records, TB test and physical. Make sure you pass all tests, CBEST and CSET. If you are in limbo about getting results for one test, then wait for the results , it will go quicker

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a disruptive student? There is a student in your class who appears to be engaged and turns in all of the homework, but struggles on assessment and is not meeting grade-level academic standards. A) What steps would you take to assist this student to improve their grade and meet the standards? How might you alter instruction? Be sure to consider socio-economic factors that might also influence your student's academic progress   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD in July 2015.

Interview

Interview with department head and principal. Received interview and job through referral. It has been 8 years and I don't remember much except I was contacted by the department and chair and given an interview and offered the position same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I felt very unwelcomed in several schools. Only one Principal was genuinely warm and welcoming and made me feel as if she genuinely wanted to get to know me better.