Los Angeles USD Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

There were several steps. One was to interview at the District Level, and then once approved by the district and verification of credentials and tests, you then have to interview at individual schools for openings.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles USD

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process began at a hiring fair. I felt that the structure was very antiquated and not entirely professional. You realize about half-way through that they are simply trying to fill vacancies and aren't very interested in discussing school culture or vision. People drop their resume into a school with matching vacancies. You then interview with principals from each of the schools that express interest. I can't complain about the interview process, but I wasn't happy when I was promised several resources for my classroom that weren't available when the school year started.

Interview Questions

• How do you differentiate instruction for a classroom of students with a range of abilities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

They will give you 7-8 questions you need to answer in front of them. Then you will have a 12 minutes demo lesson, from beginning to the end, not just part of your lesson.

Interview Questions

• What do you do students are not engaging during group instruction time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Eligibility Interview first before you even get on the candidate list. Process took some time because of my references. Hiring managers get lots of emails so keeping in contact with them is a must in order to know your status.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a student walk out of class?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed at the district office and in each the principal's office. Some schools interview you with a team that includes other specialists, teachers, administration, and parents. They ask you about 12 questions, and may ask you for a second interview with another set of 12 questions. You will receive a call from the principal if they want to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this school?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a parent issue, if they came to your room in the morning?   1 Answer
    • How do you implement NGSS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I went down to HQ and did a demo lesson. I decided to use photosynthesis as the topic of the lesson because I was going to be teaching science and I wanted to use an example that is fairly common and relatable so that the interviewer could participate in the learning process. There was only one interviewer and the process took around 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you foresee experiencing in the classroom and how would you overcome these challenges?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Look online for vacancies at the LAUSD website. Submit a Letter of Interest, Resume, Credential Verification, and Letters ofRecommendation to the Site Administrator, in person or via fax. If fully qualified and a top candidate, you will be contacted by phone and an interview will be scheduled. A panel interview with the Site Principal, Assistant Principal and Teacher Advisor will be conducted. You will be given a sheet of paper with the standard interview questions in written form. (The same questions are asked of every candidate.) You are then verbally asked these written questions. As you respond, the panelists make notes and may, or may not, ask you to clarify or elaborate on your responses. After you leave, they convene. If you are deemed a good fit, you will be called and offered a "limited" (non-permanent) position in about a week.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest challenge in the classroom with regard to student behavior management and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD.

Interview

I had one interview for an elementary school teaching position. I was asked several questions, from the standard "Why do you want to work here?" to "Delve into your experience working with children." I am bilingual (Spanish), and the area where the school was located had a majority of Latino students, so that came in handy when explaining my ability to communicate with Spanish-speaking parents if necessary.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to teach at this school and not X school in another district?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was straight out of undergrad so there was no negotiation. My salary was set.

Anonymous Employee in Watts, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Watts, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Lots of paperwork to fill out and deliver to different floors of headquarters. Many stamps required/boxes to check off. You have to give a sample teach and then answer behavioral questions. This clears you to work for the district but you still need to interview with individual principals. Overall, the difficult part of the interview was getting all of the paperwork filled out correctly and signed by the right person - it seems dated and intentionally tedious.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if students are trying to leave class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles USD (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

My interview was very easy and conversational, but that is not normal. The principal at the time only cared that I was a UCLA grad with a Master's in Education.