Los Angeles Water and Power Associate Civil Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Associate Civil Engineer

Los Angeles Water and Power Associate Civil Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Los Angeles Water and Power

3.1

Associate Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through school for an on-campus interview to be put on the list. After they screened applicants, the school gave me an option to sign up for an interview. There were two interviewers, and they alternated asking me questions and following up if needed.

Interview Questions

• What are some factors in the soil that you have to look out for when you are building a new property?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles Water and Power

Associate Civil Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewed for position through Campus Interview. Two interviewes asked about University experience, coursework, personal qualities, and water resource questions. About 15 minutes, as many students were interviewing throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• What considerations should be taken into account when designing a water storage reservoir?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You have an initial interview, you're ranked on a list, and as the Department posts jobs with this title, you receive notices. You respond with your resume. If they like you, they call you back and schedule an interview. Following that interview, you'll be notified. (Estimate 3-9 months for this process)

Interview Questions

• No question was hard if you were awake in 50% of your classes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Civil Engineering Associate Interview

Interview

1st round interview at college campus, was ranked.
    2nd round interview - received letters instructing to say if I was still interested and give an email address. Later, I was emailed a request for a writing sample for additional screening before being called for an interview.

Interview Questions

• 1st round interview: going over resume, largely behavioral, a few technical questions (why is rebar used in concrete, and steps of water filtration )

2nd round interview : Started out going over background and resume. Asked behavior questions (how have you contributed to an assignment, what do you do if someone interrupts a presentation, etc). Then technical questions related to different water groups (Water sources for la and benefits of each, issues with groundwater replenishing)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Northridge, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I interviewed through college. Be prepared to answer a lot of technical questions about all areas of civil engineering.

Interview Questions

• What is required information to design for shear in a building?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Two current employees will invite you into the interview room and go over questions that relate directly with your experience and how it applies to your performance with LADWP. There will be sections that explain your educational, leadership, and technical experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe the parameters necessary to determine the flow rate in an open channel.   1 Answer
    • List all of the potential contaminants of groundwater   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and resume gets review and selected then they call you for an interview expect to wait for 6 months after that you get a second interview with the assigned division, total about 8 months due to very competitive.

Interview Questions

• Expect many technical questions related to Civil engineering mostly in construction such Geotechnical, Structural, Water resources   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

You are interviews by two senior engineers at a location in downtown LA. The interview has %100 weight and your scores will be mailed to you in about a month.

Interview Questions

• What are the ways as to filter the contaminants in drinking water?

What are the sources of contaminants in water?   Answer Question

Civil Engineering Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power in April 2009.

Interview

Asked basic engineering questions to check on thought and critical thinking process.
    Asked personal questions to check if I would fit in with the group.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider in design of buried pipes.   1 Answer
    • How would you cross a flood channel?   1 Answer