Los Angeles Water and Power Electrical Engineering Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Davis, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through university and interviewed at university.

Interviewed with two people that were both very friendly. Both of them went back and forth asking questions that were mostly behavioral and a few technical.

After interview it supposedly takes weeks for you to get a score out of 100 with a 70 and above to be considered adequate for a position, which then leads to the second interview.

Interview Questions

• How does your education prepare you for this job?
    What are three stages to a power distribution system?
    If you were presented with two designs, which qualities would look for to help you choose the better design?
    What would you do to prepare for a presentation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles Water and Power

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through On-Campus Interview (OCI) Program and the application process took a month. Two people interviewed me and most of the questions are behavior questions. The interview was about thirty minutes.

Electrical Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First interview was to rank you and put you in an eligibility list for future openings in Los Angeles(power,IT, L.A harbor etc). Mostly behavorial questions with a few technical questions to test your thought process. Second interview at ladwp for the power department .... some technical questions plus going over resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your projects   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Santa Barbara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was pretty casual, I had two interviewers who went back and forth asking me questions. They were really friendly and the questions weren't super challenging just some behavioral ones and simple technical ones

Interview Questions

• If you and another member of your team are arguing about how to tackle a problem/project, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

it was an on campus interview with two engineers. they were very friendly and didn't ask any hard question. it was for about 30 minutes. they sent me a grade like 4 weeks later and now i just have to wait and see if they ask me for another interview.

Interview Questions

• they asked a bunch of behavioral questions and a couple of technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Northridge, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Brief Behavioral based interview with two interviewers. They were very easy going and asked simple questions to see how you would function in the workplace. They also asked one technical question but it was not difficult. They also run through your resume so be sure you can explain what you have listed

Interview Questions

• One simple technical question : Whats involved in a power distribution system?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview at my college. The process was very straight forward. I went to the interview, waited for about 20 minutes and was called into a room. I was interviewed by two people, both of whom had some sort of technical background. They asked my about 16 questions, half of which were technical. They were both very friendly and the interview went very well.

Interview Questions

• What is one project where the team members did not get along. What did you do to solve this?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power.

Interview

Interviewed by two males. Asked some basic questions and a few power questions. They seem to prefer students or applicants who have their EIT. The interviewers were very nice and who try to give you hints for a few of the answers if you really need help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a three man panel who all took turns asking questions about my experience and also my knowledge. There were some very specific EE questions which you need study for, therefore to be successful do a little bit of study in general EE practices.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain in detail a time where you had to work in a team environment and were successful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through the city website. There are two interviews. The first is the most important: you will be interviewed by a panel of three people. Will be asked both personal and technical questions. Interview lasts about 30 minutes. The job is very competitive as you will NOT be the only one there. It's almost like an assembly line type of appearance. Weeks later you will receive a score based on your interview. Your score, along with all of the others that interviewed, will be put on a list where other city jobs can also contact you. So in interviewing for this job you are also putting yourself out there for other companies/locations to contact you based on your score. To hear back from ANYONE you need to get a score of 90 or better and even with a 90 you will be waiting a while.

After the score you will be asked to verify that you have graduated & show proof of EIT (if you have it).

If you are called back from DWP, you will go to a different location for an interview that is mostly completely technical. Within two weeks after this interview you should be informed of an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work on a team and not everyone got along. How did you handle the situation?

How would you apply the usage of a transformer in practice?

Tell me about an issue you encountered with a short circuit and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question