Los Angeles Water and Power Electrical Engineering Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Los Angeles Water and Power

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Was interviewed on-campus for the position of Associate Electrical Engineer. I had a panel of two people interviewing me. The questionnaire was a mixture of technical and resume based questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles Water and Power

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with two interviewers. They asked questions straight out of their interview question sheet and I was graded accordingly. Simple behavioral questions with some very easy fundamental technical questions. You need 80+ score to get a chance for second round interview. It takes forever for these people to process your interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round of interview was by two ladwp engineers. Asked what programs used and projects. Then technical questions, then situational questions. Receive score about 2 months after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your project team mate would not co operate in any circumstance   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview. Asked some behavior questions and some technical questions. The technical question included the same questions that are previously stated throughout the glassdoor reviews. Received score about 3 months after initial interview.

Interview Questions

• The process of producing energy and transmission and distribution.   1 Answer

Associate Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed initially on campus on a panel with two hiring managers. Took less than 20 minutes and the questions consisted of behavioral as well as technical questions. They also went over the resume and asked about work experience. coursework, software, etc.

Interview Questions

• If you were given two projects, and had to pick one. What would be the determining factors in your decision?   Answer Question

Associate Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied on campus interview through California state university Los Angeles the process took few months the questions were mostly behavioral questions few technical. my score was 90 and I was placed on a list rank 2. Still waiting for a call for a second interview

Electrical Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First interview was to rank you and put you in an eligibility list for future openings in Los Angeles(power,IT, L.A harbor etc). Mostly behavorial questions with a few technical questions to test your thought process. Second interview at ladwp for the power department .... some technical questions plus going over resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your projects   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews, first one was ranked which puts you in a list and the priority for the second interview goes to the ones on top. The second one was at LADWP (Civic Center) and took about 1.5 hours. The interview had two parts: 1.Technical Writing 2. Oral QA interview. The questions were both technical and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions specifically related to the job and some behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very slow. You have to take a test or have an initial interview to determine your score. After a few weeks, you receive your score and at which point, different departments can refer you. Then you have to wait for another interview that can take up to weeks. It's a very slow process, however very structured.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your education would make you fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through the city website. There are two interviews. The first is the most important: you will be interviewed by a panel of three people. Will be asked both personal and technical questions. Interview lasts about 30 minutes. The job is very competitive as you will NOT be the only one there. It's almost like an assembly line type of appearance. Weeks later you will receive a score based on your interview. Your score, along with all of the others that interviewed, will be put on a list where other city jobs can also contact you. So in interviewing for this job you are also putting yourself out there for other companies/locations to contact you based on your score. To hear back from ANYONE you need to get a score of 90 or better and even with a 90 you will be waiting a while.

After the score you will be asked to verify that you have graduated & show proof of EIT (if you have it).

If you are called back from DWP, you will go to a different location for an interview that is mostly completely technical. Within two weeks after this interview you should be informed of an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work on a team and not everyone got along. How did you handle the situation?

How would you apply the usage of a transformer in practice?

Tell me about an issue you encountered with a short circuit and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question