Los Angeles Water and Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles Water and Power Interview Questions

Interviews at Los Angeles Water and Power

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted application before deadline and received a phone call scheduling an interview a few weeks later. I had an interview with the supervisor and an associate. The entire interview was very calming and technical questions were too difficult

Investment Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power.

Interview

A very broad description of qualifications on the job posting landed me interviewing for a position I was not a suitable fit for. There was absolutely no visibility into the interview process beyond being told it would consist of a panel interview and writing test. There was no initial phone interview or conversation prior to the panel interview in which I was able to gauge my interest level in the position. I contemplated canceling my interview altogether as I did not feel it was fair that I was in no way able to prepare. Furthermore, for having such broad qualifications the interview questions were very specific to the job. The whole process was incredibly uncomfortable and embarrassing to be honest.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power.

Interview

applied online and got a call to set-up interview. interview went well and asked typical behavioral interview questions with some technical. Interview went longer than expected and you must be very thorough. you will be scored on 100% and must get at least 70% to move onto round 2. getting a 70% you may or may not get a call back because your score will be weighed and will be ranked against other candidates. depending on what department needs your expertise your resume could get sent into a different department internally after your first interview.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied through the campus and had on campus initial interview. there were two engineer panels asking mostly behavioral questions and little bit of technical questions but not too technical. the interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How does your background and education make you suitable for the job?   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Panel of two individuals tag teaming with questions. Some of the questions were very specific technical questions such as naming specific acts or regulations that have been passed. Overall the process was very lengthy with a written interview following the oral interview.

Interview Questions

• Name as many environmental acts as you know and explain them all   Answer Question

Electrical Interview

Application

Interview

Outrightly Negative Experience. Had 2 people on the panel asking questions from a printed paper. One of the Interviewers was ridiculously rude and disrespectful. I could hear him take deep breaths while looking at me and I realized at that point that I was just wasting my time and that killed my moral. I regretted all the days and nights of research, energy, and study I put towards the interview. Waste of time! Sheer discrimination. They obviously have the people they want to give the Job to.
    I waited for 7 weeks before I got a response saying I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a colleague who uses offensive words   Answer Question
    • Tools needed to move a transformer to be hooked onto a crane   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power.

Interview

I got the employment test. It was hard. Overall the process was very lengthy with a written interview following the oral interview. It just takes a while to hear your results and to actually begin the process. The interview took place on campus and I was interviewed by two people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Interview asked the basic behavioral questions with a few technical questions as well. I was being interviewed by a panel of two. One was an electrical engineer and the other was an engineering manager. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What are the three main steps in power distribution.
      What is the voltage rating of landlines.
      If you were given two projects, and had to pick one. What would be the determining factors in your decision.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power.

Interview

behavioral / technical interview which was done over the phone . The interviewer basically describe himself and ask you about your background then after ask series of questions.

Electrical Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First interview was to rank you and put you in an eligibility list for future openings in Los Angeles(power,IT, L.A harbor etc). Mostly behavorial questions with a few technical questions to test your thought process. Second interview at ladwp for the power department .... some technical questions plus going over resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your projects   1 Answer