Los Angeles Water and Power Mea Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Mea Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

To start, LADWP posted on my college's career page with a job description and time slots to interview. You sign up for a 30-minute time slot and come in. Before you can interview you need to fill out some forms and say you will be graduating in the next 6 months (I believe, something along that time line) and bring that with you.

Because LADWP is a government job the interview process is not personal and one size fits all. This can be good or bad. If you don't need much verbal or emotional feedback when you interview, it is great because many people do. If this will trip you up, it might be a struggle to do well. The first round interview on-campus is easy. If you look through the list that is on this site and do some review of general topics you will kill.

But what was it like in the room? You sit across a group of 3 engineers and they take turns asking you questions. Tell me about how you would... Describe... etc. See below for questions I was asked. they just read from a list. Everyone gets the same questions. I was able to tell my friend the technical one they asked me and he got it right on his interview 2 hours later. It is very dry and they don't feel like they care about you as a person at all.

Once you finish the interview on-campus it takes 4-6 weeks to get your "exam grade" back. Basically, how well you do on the interview gives you a score. I got a 90 and some of my friends got 95. Then, you wait several months. Once, an opening is open in LADWP they will email people on the list down to a particular score value. That is when your second round interview will begin. This was, for me, 5-months after my first round interview.

When you get an email you report to LADWP HQ in DTLA. They do not provide any reimbursement for your travel or lodging which, for a film that is so blatant about over paying its engineers, was disappointing. The second round interview was basically a written exam and another interview like the one I described on-campus. the written exam is basically "here is a situation you are in. Write your boss a memo". Not what I expected at all. Caught me off guard but I think I did well overall.

Interview Questions

• Review water and power stuff.... Thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics
    The basics are enough to get by. These should be the subjects (with mechanics of materials added) you should review for any Mechanical Engineering position anyways though.

Tell me about this equation.
    Tell me how you would prepare for an interview
    Tell me about why you are a good fit
    Thermo cycles   2 Answers