Los Angeles Water and Power Student Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Los Angeles Water and Power Student Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Los Angeles Water and Power

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was given a phone interview and I got the job. The interview was very easy, but my interviewer did not speak English very well, which made it more difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at LADWP?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Los Angeles Water and Power

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applying is super easy you just fill out the online application. I filed it out and didn't hear back until Janurary/Feburary. There are two offices in LA so make sure you go to the right one. I was applying for the Fiber Optics group and they where super nice. At LADWP they typically ask 1 technical question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was first taken to a room to complete a writing assignment where I had to assess a given problem and write about how I would go about solving the problem. After a couple minutes I got sent into another room where two men greeted me and started the interview. They only asked two questions that were non-technical as well as showing me three diagrams where I was supposed to state their purpose and name.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself" and "Is there anything else you would like to add that was not in your resume?"   Answer Question

Student Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power.

Interview

I submitted both my resume and cover letter through email. Then I received a call from my potential supervisor a few weeks later. It was just a simple phone interview. No technical questions. I received an offer and the salary was non-negotiable.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a telephone interview. Two hiring managers were on the phone with me. One of them asking questions and the other just listened and made a few comments. They went over my resume. Asked for brief description of the projects listed on resume. Asked about extracurricular activities. Asked if I have the legal right to work in the country.

Interview Questions

• What is your specialty in engineering filed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Los Angeles Water and Power (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online via the college intern program and received an email notification for a 15 minute phone interview within three or so weeks after submitting the application. The interviewers were mostly friendly and asked mostly non-technical questions (the most technical it got was a clarification on the algorithms used in one of my projects that I listed on my resume), and other questions regarding past experience in data mining. An email was sent out within the end of the week regarding the decision.