Loudoun County Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Loudoun County Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.3

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools.

Interview

I interviewed with a retired principle. She was very friendly and left the impression as if i got the job, but I still haven't heard back. She told me it would take about 2 weeks and then someone would email me about the next step, but a friend of mine told me she didn't hear back for about a month, so I'm still hopeful. The interview was very easy, quick and straight forward

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools.

Interview

I was brought into a room, with one interviewer. The interviewer was late in starting the interview, so my interview was rushed to be finished by the 1/2 hour mark. The interviewer was not personable.

Subsitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools.

Interview

The interview was short. They took a long time to get back to me on whether I got the job or not. Then once you get the job you have to attend a training where they submit paperwork. Then you have to wait for the background check to go through before you start working.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the job you arrived to didn't have any lesson plans for the day?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a student who wasn't doing their work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools (New York, NY).

Interview

interview was very easy at least to me ,and then i was told that i will get an email if i was chosen to go further. i would say try to be very friendly and nice so the interviewer can recommend you .

Technology Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools.

Interview

Positive, asked questions about basic technology use and how you would manage students, etc. Was very simple and wanted to know how you would work with English-limited students in addition to being questioned on what type of programming you would do for a technology-focused student leadership group.

Secretary I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools (Ashburn, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of the department to set-up an interview date and time. The interview was set-up within a week. I meet with the Director of the department and his second in command for approximately and hour. The day-to-day duties of the position were reviewed in detail.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience MS Excel   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools (Ashburn, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

It takes 20 min and they asked me 5 question.interviewer will likely ask a series of questions about my work history, educational background, strengths, weaknesses and accomplishments.Your answers should reflect on positive teaching moments and long-term goals with respect to education

Special Education Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools.

Interview

Received an email one week after applying online
    Invited to a school in Sterling
    Interviewed by an assistant principal
    Face-to-face interview
    Got many questions about teaching experience
    Recieved students information and other special education teachers
    Hiring process explained by the assistant principal ( would be contacted by HR, central office

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools (Ashburn, VA).

Interview

I applied online and received a follow-up email one month later. I scheduled an appointment for an interview in late November 2015. The interview itself was very easy. There was only one interviewer (a retired principal) who asked about 7 questions and took notes. The interview lasted about 20 minutes with time at the end to ask any questions. He then informed me that I would proceed to the next step and that he doesn't have the authority to hire. I had to buy a handbook ($21) and wait for an orientation date. The orientation is only during a day.

Interview Questions

• First question: Why do you want to become a substitute teacher?   1 Answer
    • What strengths will help you in this position?   1 Answer
    • If you arrive at a classroom early and see no lesson plan, what do you do?   1 Answer
    • How do you know when the students aren't paying attention?   1 Answer
    • How do you respond to an unruly student?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools (Ashburn, VA).

Interview

Expect a lengthy process. You'll interview with HR. It can take a few days, weeks or months before you get called for an interview with one or more principals. Call or e-mail the principals directly. That can fast track the process. Keep track of your paperwork. Have your teacher's license ready to show. Don't bother interviewing until you have a teacher's license. Best months to put in your application are March - July.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your lesson plans.   1 Answer