Loudoun County Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Loudoun County Public Schools

2.3

Sort:

Special Education Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools.

Interview

Received an email one week after applying online
    Invited to a school in Sterling
    Interviewed by an assistant principal
    Face-to-face interview
    Got many questions about teaching experience
    Recieved students information and other special education teachers
    Hiring process explained by the assistant principal ( would be contacted by HR, central office

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools (Ashburn, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Typical interview questions. I received a call from personnel with offers from different schools after I had interviewed with 4 schools. I did have to email HR a few times after submitting my resume and application in order to get an interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses? How do you modify/accommodate different learning styles? How do you facilitate collaboration?   Answer Question

Administrative Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools (Ashburn, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was only a day. I interviewed in April of 2014, on a Friday morning with the supervisor of the department. I was asked a serious of questions and given some details about the job. Ten minutes into the interview I was offered the job. I was hired as a substitute first because there was a freeze on hiring full-time employees. I was officially hired as an permanent employee, June of 2014.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools.

Interview

I attended a late winter job fair intending to apply for positions for the following school year. I interviewed with two principals. We discussed my job history and general education-related questions such as classroom management, technology, collaboration with peers, etc. I have been told at job fairs later on in the spring/summer, they fill positions on the spot; however, the jobs for the next year were not yet posted, so this was just a general HR screening. They informed me I could apply to jobs via the website afterward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loudoun Heights, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools (Loudoun Heights, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Assistant Principal wanted to know the details of a "typical day" in my classroom. I have been teaching for several years, so I found that question to be unnecessary. Either you respect my experience or you don't.

Interview Questions

• What does the "typical day" in your classroom look like? How do you differentiated lessons? Describe a particular lesson that energized the students.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools (Ashburn, VA).

Interview

Expect a lengthy process. You'll interview with HR. It can take a few days, weeks or months before you get called for an interview with one or more principals. Call or e-mail the principals directly. That can fast track the process. Keep track of your paperwork. Have your teacher's license ready to show. Don't bother interviewing until you have a teacher's license. Best months to put in your application are March - July.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your lesson plans.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

I was hired through a job fair at University of Virginia. We were set up in 30 minute blocks. It was an interview with an HR rep, not a specific school. The interview was short. They asked basic teaching questions. At that time, the county was hiring tons of teachers. They gave me a form that guaranteed me work and had me fingerprinted right there. It couldn't have been easier.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools (Leesburg, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Filled out paperwork at the administration building then went on to the interview at the school I would be working at. Sat in one of the classrooms and they went over my resume and asked some standard interview questions. At the end I thanked them for their time and waited about another week and was called with a start date.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working with LCPS?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools.

Interview

all the interview must ask the same questions but can add more. usually will interview with principal and head of sped department/ AP in charge of special ed department. yep

Technology Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Loudoun County Public Schools.

Interview

Positive, asked questions about basic technology use and how you would manage students, etc. Was very simple and wanted to know how you would work with English-limited students in addition to being questioned on what type of programming you would do for a technology-focused student leadership group.