Loughborough University Interview Questions in Loughborough, England | Glassdoor

Loughborough University Interview Questions in Loughborough, England

Updated Oct 2, 2017

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Industrial Design & Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Loughborough University (Loughborough, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed yet rather formal. Many students were dressed in smart casual and some in suits (I would say make yourself formal enough but add a personal twist for uniqueness). All the students (Applicants) were moved to a large open lecture hall where tables and chairs were presented. We each had a sticker with a number ID and we were all called out individually throughout the day to have the interview take place. The interviewer (Design School Lecturer) would then talk with us on a one to one basis about our portfolios. The portfolio discussion is led by both the student and lecturer (I would advise the student to take the initiative in presenting his/her work, this shows passion and interest). My portfolio consisted of a range of skills and works which shows the breadth and depth of my interest in Design. The lecturer was not afraid of criticising my work rather harshly but I believe it was to see how you respond to criticism and your reasoning.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite product and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is room to discuss hesitation of course selection. Don't be afraid to inquire about this.

Employability Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Loughborough University (Loughborough, England (UK)).

Interview

application form - competency and scenario questions - 1 and a half hour to complete
    heard back within a week of submitting application form with email to attend interview
    also offer assessment centres for similar roles
    interview with a panel - competency questions asked again and questions in relation to the role itself and motivation for application

Interview Questions

Negotiation

given time to review offer
    to negotiation on starting salary

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Loughborough University (Loughborough, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Straight forward and relaxed. An enjoyable experience overall with good understanding shown by interviewers. A two person panel interview with a short presentation. Confirmed result within days of interview.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Loughborough University (Loughborough, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Standard presentation on research interests, what you can bring to the school, how you want to develop a research portfolio in the future and what your key research skills are. Followed by a panel interview of about 40 mins and a tour of the facilities. Very example based questioning- STAR is a good response format in these situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.