Louis Dreyfus Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Louis Dreyfus Company Interview Questions

Interviews at Louis Dreyfus Company

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

5 people from the trading team interviewed me.
    They were not hard interviews. They usually try to get to know you and that s pretty much it.
    They take you out to dinner the night before the interview. Usually its two people from the trading floor. They usually get back to you a little late after the interview process.

Interview Questions

• they give you a 6 question test   1 Answer

Trader Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company.

Interview

I applied through my University career website and was awarded an interview (I believe they interviewed 15 of us). The interview was 2 of them (one sector head and one junior trader) and me. I ended up getting a call back about 2 weeks later and was told they were extending an offer, which I accepted later that week

Interview Questions

• All behavioral - I.e. testing to see if you're a good fit for the company. Why are you interested in trading? Why commodities? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Trader Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company.

Interview

Through campus recruiting. There was an info session the night before where they said it would just be a "fit" interview- going over the resume, talking about the company, etc. The interview was 2 30 min ones with a different trader. They both started as standard interviews, but then they asked a few trading questions which I was not prepared for. They said it would be very basic but then dropped a few tricks on me. I don't think they were too difficult but I have had no experience so it threw me off.

Interview Questions

• asked about corn prices and futures and basis stuff, didn't really understand most of it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company.

Interview

Applied through school's recruiting system. Very relaxed OCR 1:1 interview. Mostly fit questions, and a couple technical ones pertaining to commodity markets.

Interview Questions

• If the futures price of the commodity is higher than the today price, what does that say about market expectations of the commodity?   Answer Question

Commodity Trader Trainee Program Interview

Application

Interview

Only a few straightforward brainteasers. Primarily questions meant to examine your personality. Interview was relaxed and enjoyable. Interviewer was very pleasant and not at all trying to intimidate.

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (Geneva (Switzerland)) in April 2012.

Interview

Stressfull interview. Three rounds of questions and then an IQ test. Then with other applicants we had to do a situational judgement game. Finally, I was presented with a few trading opportunities I had which trade made the most sense given the information provided by the time. Finally, I had an interview with the two desk managers

Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (New Delhi (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

Simple process which includes conversation with company HR and 1 or 2 senior level people. HR asks some general background-related questions and the Senior people ask few technical questions about your knowledge of Accounting, MS-Excel etc. Not a lengthy process and not so difficult questions.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Very basic questions asked by the HR. The interview was rather smooth and the HR lady looked pleasant throughout the process.The office environment is good, located in CBD. Did not make it to 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time. Tell me about your experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (Geneva (Switzerland)) in May 2015.

Interview

Short (20m) phone interview followed by on-site interview 3 weeks later in Geneva. Several rounds with various employees all took place in one day during the on-site interview. Employees were overall welcoming and nice.

Interview Questions

• Case study on different agricultural products   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

It was good, explained about the company. very friendly manager. Explained about the company. Introduced co-workers. Took for a tour of the company and the town. They made sure that I am comfortable with everything.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about LDC?   1 Answer