Louis Dreyfus Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Louis Dreyfus Company Interview Questions

Interviews at Louis Dreyfus Company

2.9

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

1st round of written test which was technical on hedging strategies using futures...2nd round of group discussion on regulation of commodity market...final round of interview lasted for 20 mins....was a mixture of HR and technical....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

the offer was non negotiable...

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quite a detailed one
    1st round- Telephonic from the HR
    2nd round- Telephonic from the Manager
    3rd round- face to face meeting with the Manager if cleared then with the head

Interview Questions

• They majorly check the knowledge on the current role and your expectations and understanding on the profile offered   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation chances are pretty slim as they usually offer as per the market standards and keeping in mind the internal team parity

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

A total of 6 interviews, 5 different people conducting them 1 on 1 and not counting the preliminary external recruiter questions. 1 interview through Skype, 1 face to face on site. The others were via phone. 2-5 days between interviews. At the end when they looked certain I was the right candidate they waited more than a calendar month before returning feedback and only after I expressed negative experience from the lack of communication after a promising set of 6 interviews. The long wait for feedback is what leaves me with mixed feelings. Other than that I was happy with the process.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to previous work experience, motivation, expected payment, what makes a good team leader, education level questions, tell of a difficult problem and how you dealt with it... Etc.   Answer Question

Trading Interview

Interview

1. telephone interview (20min): they called me without any notice, general questions about my CV and interests
    2. interview at their office in Geneva: we had one hour to solve two simple business cases, afterwards we had nothing to do until our interview. i had my interview, one hour, in the afternoon, we discussed the business cases and they asked me some general questions. two traders and one from the HR

Interview Questions

• describe three elements how you positively differ from the other applicants   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a great learning experience. The first was a telephone interview from HR. The questions are behavioral based i.e where do you see yourself working in the company. If you pass this interview you go to the next stage(PowerPoint Presentation, Excel and Case Study Test). If you pass this stage, you will have a meeting with the Management. If you pass this interview you will have a interview with the traders before you are offered the job.
    The company culture looks really great, you have to be self driven to cope.

Interview Questions

• If you were to go back to school what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in May 2015.

Interview

The recruitment process started from logical test and then followed by user interview. You are expected to be knowledgeable of your major. Having experience in handling project will be advantageous.

Interview Questions

• What are the subjects that you learned in university which will be used in this position?   Answer Question

Trader Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company.

Interview

Mostly fit questions and one on probability

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to really show your personality and fit for the job!   Answer Question

Trader Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company.

Interview

30 mins first round in school and 6 interviews + logic test second round. Lots of fit and brain teaser questions.

Interview Questions

• crossing the bridge with a flashlight, need to get people across who take 1, 2, 5, 8, 10 minutes respectively, what's the shortest time   1 Answer

Negotiation

Couldn't negotiate as it was an entry level position

Trader Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company.

Interview

Basic. Initially, it is a phone call. And then if you are successful, you go for face to face interview where there is an excel test ( an hour long), and interview with hr, and managers.

Commercial Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company.

Interview

WORST interview experience EVER!!! I felt the HR was against everything I said. I thought she might want to test my performance under pressure, until she rejected to answer my question. My question was "What did you learn from your working experiences?" She said it was not related to the position I applied. I explained that maybe you were inspired by the company's value or culture? Or you were inspired by your colleagues? She replied those are personal feelings and rejected to answer. Then every answer to whatever I ask expect the job description would be a personal view. According to her logic, I could ask nothing as job description has already bees stated clearly on the website. I do not know why she acted like this. Perhaps because when she first scheduled the interview time, I was not able to come and asked for another arrangement. But isn't this understandable???

Interview Questions

• All fit question, why you like trading, and CV questions   Answer Question