Louis Dreyfus Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Louis Dreyfus Company Interview Questions

Interviews at Louis Dreyfus Company

2.9

Industrial Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (Geneva (Switzerland)).

Interview

A waste of time: interviewing with LDC cannot be described better. So think twice before you commit yourself to interview with them: it takes time, money and drives you nowhere.
    No written job description, no clear ideas about who they are looking for, and the more you dig to find out the less you discover. They look like a bunch of people with often inconsistent backgrounds just working together, lacking a shared and common culture and views about the Company. They invite you for a final round of interviews the day of their choice, at the time of their choice, at the place of their choice. Result? When the day finally comes, you travel to their premises and show up on time and, guess what, the top-people you are supposed to meet simply are not there, busy doing the last minute firefighting of the day somewhere else. All for nothing. Nice joke, guys.

Interview Questions

• All questions, except the few informative ones about your professional background, are centered around a not-so-hidden perspective of "why should we NOT hire you". This way the only thing they get is pushing people to think "why should I NOT work for you". And that's happily the case.   Answer Question

Rotational Training Position Interview

Interview

This company primarily deals in commodity trading. Their head office is in Paris. Selected personnel go thorugh an 18 month rotational program in accounting in 3 different countries (in my case, India, Singapore and France) for 6 month each. This program is aimed at chartered accountants with around 2 yearr experience.

Interview Questions

• SWOT analysis of Louis Dreyfus
      Biggest Competitors
      Why Louis Dreyfus?   Answer Question

Global Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2014.

Interview

Group interview to answer 3 different questions first, followed by an IQ test. For the second round, you have to split up into teams and solve a set of problems (social issues) and present your solution as a team to the management.

Interview Questions

• Why should I choose you over someone else in this group?   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (Geneva (Switzerland)) in April 2012.

Interview

Stressfull interview. Three rounds of questions and then an IQ test. Then with other applicants we had to do a situational judgement game. Finally, I was presented with a few trading opportunities I had which trade made the most sense given the information provided by the time. Finally, I had an interview with the two desk managers

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company.

Interview

bunch of logical tests and puzzles. More about right thinking than right answers. Showing thinking process is helpful. Simple math, fill in the blanks, esoteric puzzles, square-cube questions, one case study etc. Time wasn't a constraint, interviewer was more interested in understanding how i am solving and not the right answer.

Interview Questions

• General questions about markets, futures mechanism, economy etc. Interviews are mostly conducted by traders with no structure to it, so random questions looking for smart answers and defense to viewpoint.   1 Answer

Estagiário Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santos, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (Santos, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

A recrutadora ótima porém a gestão não foi boa pessoas invadem seu espaço pessoal com o profissional não se tornando saudável o ambiente de trabalho

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

Processo Seletivo rápido, informal, que permite que permitiu que os entrevistados se sentissem mais a vontade durante o correr da dinâmica de grupo.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

Primeiro, participei de uma dinâmica. No mesmo dia, aqueles que se destacaram na dinâmica fizeram entrevistas com os gerentes da área. No total, permanecemos na empresa por mais de 8 horas naquele dia. Depois disso, por muitos dias absolutamente nenhuma palavra do RH me foi dada quanto ao meu sucesso ou insucesso. Quando perguntei, me indicaram para outra vaga. Fiz uma nova entrevista, e mais de uma semana depois, inventaram uma nova última fase: uma redação. Novamente, esperei muito tempo e tive que solicitar um retorno, que foi respondido, como antes, com bastante descaso, erros de concordância no texto do e-mail, e nenhum feedback sobre desempenho, apesar de ter pedido. Em suma, uma processo muito longo, cansativo e desorganizado. Foram acrescentando-se fases arbitrariamente. Bastante desrespeitoso para com o candidato, que fica durante semanas apreensivo e acaba não tendo nenhum retorno útil para seu aperfeiçoamento profissional.

Interview Questions

• Qual você acha que é a principal diferença entre trabalhar em um escritório e trabalhar em uma empresa?   Answer Question

Estagiário Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matão, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Company (Matão, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

Foi um processo que durou somente um dia e a vaga era imediata. Começou com a apresentação da empresa, apresentação pessoal, dinâmica em grupo e por fim uma entrevista com o RH.

Trainee Interview

Application

Interview

Achei o processo bem interativo. Inicialmente, junto com os demais participantes, pudemos interagir informalmente e nos conhecer, o que facilitou as etapas seguintes.

Interview Questions

• Qual foi a decisão mais difícil que você não tomou na sua vida?   1 Answer