Louis Dreyfus Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Louis Dreyfus Group Interview Questions

2.9

Summer Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Group (Wilton, CT) in February 2011.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Asked questions about why you wanna do it. One statistical question. Other than that it's all fit and why you wanna be there.

Gas Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Group (Houston, TX) in August 2007.

Interview

I went in. Interviewed with several people. Never heard from them again.

Commodities Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Group (Madrid (Spain)) in October 2011.

Interview

very close aas a conversation between two coleagues, sincere and open of any opinions.

Interview Questions

• did solve a problem that didn´t belong to your responsabilitys?   Answer Question

Trainee Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Group in August 2011.

Interview

My trainee selection process was diferent from the regular one: There was four eliminatory interviews: the first one was with HR which asked for personal description, history, experience and future expactations. The second, third and fourth was with directors from diferent areas that asked about my pros and cons, how I acted under pressure and made lots of questions about economy, finance and business in general. They didnt test any deep technical skills but focused on the logical thinking.

Interview Questions

• Tell 3 positive and 3 negative characteristics about you   Answer Question

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Group (Geneva (Switzerland)) in March 2010.

Interview

Received an email about a month after applying.
    Had a short telephone interview.
    Was later invited to interview with 3 persons. Interview with 2, the third was unavailable.
    Some challenging questions, but mostly a "conversational" interview.
    Still waiting to hear back, have not receieved any negative or postive news yet.

Interview Questions

• How would you start your project(s) when taking on on this position?   Answer Question
    • What interested you most within the job description and why did you decide to apply?   Answer Question

Trainee Trader Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Group in March 2010.

Interview

It was a first interview with 2 personnes at the beggining. Firstly, they wanted to discuss on specific points of my resume, they didn't ask me general questions like" tell me about you" or "could you discribe your previous experience". Later, a third personne came, and we continued a conversationnal interview. The second part of the interview was technical and logical questions.

Merchant Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Group in February 2010.

Interview

I applied through my University's career services department, and I got a call asking to schedule an interview. I wasn't able to take it, and so it went to voice mail. When I called back, I didn't get a response, so I left a voice mail, but didn't hear back for another two days, when I called again, and left another voice mail. This indicated to me that their HR person was pretty stretched out, or that undergraduate recruiting wasn't particularly important to them.
    I was interviewed by a relatively young employee who had been in the company for only a couple years. Many firms like to send mid-management employees when they are serious about hiring, but it may be the case that this person was exceptionally smart and moving up the rank and file of the company. I got the impression that the company structure is pretty flat and that LD is good about mentoring its' new employees. It was refreshing take at corporate America.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a million dollars to invest right now, what would you invest it in?   Answer Question
    • If you stacked pennies alongside the Sears Tower, would all those pennies fit inside this room?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in commodities? What makes you think you'll do well in a commodities trading firm like ours?   Answer Question

Analyst Training Program Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Group in October 2009.

Interview

Candidates met with the company first in a social environment and then for one-on-one interviews. The interviews consisted of your basic interview questions such as why do you want to work here, tell us about your previous employer and a few easy brain teasers mixed in

Interview Questions

• If this room were filled with pennies, would all the pennies stacked one on top of another be taller than the empire state building   Answer Question

Commerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

(Translated from English)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Louis Dreyfus Group (Geneva (Switzerland)) in August 2009.

Interview

J'ai envoyé mon CV le 9 février et j'ai été invité pour passer des entretiens en juillet. J'ai passé deux entretiens en face à face, avec des questions générales (CV, pourquoi le commerce de marchandises...) et des questions techniques Black & Scholes, Var...).

J'ai été invité à un tour final d'entretiens qui consistaient en 4 exercices à préparer (calcul des marges de crack, analyse d'une situation d'offre/demande pour un marché donné, stratégies de commerce...) et les présenter à 4 groupes de 2 personnes. J'ai reçu une réponse deux semaines plus tard.