Louisiana Department of Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Louisiana Department of Transportation Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Louisiana Department of Transportation

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana Department of Transportation.

Interview

It was pretty informal. I was interviewed by the superintendent & an office staff member. They asked basic interview questions. I wasn't nervous because they made me feel really comfortable. They were late calling me into the conference room. Apparently, a lot of people had applied for my job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for the pay that I was getting at the time since the starting pay scale was lower than my wages at that time. I got what I asked.

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louisiana Department of Transportation in March 2010.

Interview

I was lucky that I had interned for several years before applying for the job. Two of the engineers took me to lunch and explained the job. They asked me several basic questions about leadership, discipline, and qualifications. I accepted the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. Basically I was given a situation and asked what I would do.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louisiana Department of Transportation in June 2008.

Interview

A questionaire is sent to all candidates and scored by, usually, three management personnel. Top scores are then selected for an interview, usually the top eight. Then a panel of department personnel includes a manager, a peer, a subordinate, an employee olding the position, and an employee of some other public sector management interview all candidates.