Louisiana-Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Louisiana-Pacific

2.6

Logistics Manager Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (Nashville, TN) in November 2019.

Interview

Process is long but enjoyable. Staff involved in the process were extremely professional and great to work with. I would highly recommend the interview process of LP to other companies. Very thorough.

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The interview process was straightforward, consisting of 2 phone screens and an in person interview. The interviewers were all nice, and they asked largely behavioral based questions. However, after going through several weeks of interviews, I never heard back from them, which is completely inexcusable. I will not be reapplying at the company, and will strongly discourage anyone else from doing so.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you launched, how did you get your coworkers to buy in?   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (Nashville, TN).

Interview

First I had a call from the hiring manager to negotiate salary and set up interview times. We went to a bar twice in Mid-town for two interviews and I got the job.

IT Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (Nashville, TN) in August 2018.

Interview

To put in simple words, it was a bizarre interview.

The first interview was over the phone with the hiring manager who apparently liked me. So they wanted to invite me for a face-to-face interview. When I was asked about my availability for a direct interview, I clearly told that I travel Mon-Thu and would be in town on Fridays. But the recruiter asked me if I could make myself available on previous Monday because they wanted to move "fast". So I had to rebook the ticket for Tuesday to travel to my current job in order to attend the interview on Monday. It cost me $400 in new flight ticket and lost one day contract wage.

A normal interview would be completed before lunch or if the interview continues during the lunch hour the interviewer and interviewee would chat over the lunch. Neither happened. The interview comprised of four one hour sessions from 10 AM till 2 PM with six different people with no lunch break or lunch.

The nature of the work appeared to be not really challenging and the work environment seems to be relaxed from what the people described.

At the end, they didn’t offer the job. And they told the recruiter that the "candidate is excellent technically" but gave a vague subjective reason for not selecting. Apparently, they didn’t select the other candidate who was interviewed for the same position. Obviously, they are not serious about hiring, but pretended they were by pushing for an earlier date disrupting my travel plan.

If they could wait longer to find someone they like they shouldn't have pushed me to change my plan that cost me $1200 in flight ticket and loss of wages. Never in my life did I attend such an expensive interview.

It was a waste of time and money for the candidate with a negative outcome. It cost them only 4 hr parking validation. It was a free fishing expedition form them at candidate's cost. An unethical and unprofessional interview process for a billion dollar company.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard such as “describe a challenging situation in your current job and how did you handle?”   Answer Question

Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houlton, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (Houlton, ME) in October 2017.

Interview

He told me when I start and that I would be working days and nights and that it's get really hot in some places . And that's how the interview went

Interview Questions

• They asked my job experience with other jobs   1 Answer

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Limerick, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (New Limerick, ME) in August 2017.

Interview

Met with upper management and head accounting manager and discribed details of what the new job entailed, what to expect, long hours, lots of overtime and may require weekend work

Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific.

Interview

The interviewers were very nice and approachable. Gave description of job first then asked questions. Went through resume as well and asked questions about that. Gave a chance at the end to ask questions or concerns you have.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize things when you have a lot on your plate?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (Nashville, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

Contacted by phone with follow-up by email. Very professional and timely. Seem to prefer suit and tie though interviewers don't wear ties or jackets. Informal style of interviewing. Few questions with time to answer. Recommend using your contacts or LinkedIn before interview to make contacts and get some ideas about the position. Interviewers appreciated those who were most aggressive before the interview rather than in the interview.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?
      What makes you the right fit for this position?   1 Answer

Industrial Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roxboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (Roxboro, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted from human resources. The guy in HR was very nice and professional. We communicated though email. The first step was texting of my knowledge of Electrical and I chose to take Machancial too. Then I was set for interview shortly after test. Then I had a interview with electrical supervisor and HR. Both were nice and professional. I thought they both were professional and respectful. It's only been a little more than a week so I haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• troubleshooting skills and use of specialized equipment to do the troubleshooting.   1 Answer

Senior Plant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carthage, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (Carthage, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Everything went very smooth. I could tell the Plant Manager and staff had a lot of real world practical experience, which is unusual now days. I know I made the right decision in coming to work here.

Interview Questions

• They knew I had the experience so they focused in on was I a good fit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We were both straight forward with each other and there was not any issues.