Louisiana-Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2016

2.5

Industrial Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roxboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (Roxboro, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted from human resources. The guy in HR was very nice and professional. We communicated though email. The first step was texting of my knowledge of Electrical and I chose to take Machancial too. Then I was set for interview shortly after test. Then I had a interview with electrical supervisor and HR. Both were nice and professional. I thought they both were professional and respectful. It's only been a little more than a week so I haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• troubleshooting skills and use of specialized equipment to do the troubleshooting.   1 Answer

Senior Plant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carthage, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (Carthage, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Everything went very smooth. I could tell the Plant Manager and staff had a lot of real world practical experience, which is unusual now days. I know I made the right decision in coming to work here.

Interview Questions

• They knew I had the experience so they focused in on was I a good fit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We were both straight forward with each other and there was not any issues.

Training and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (Nashville, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

The HR team is very efficient. You feel the family atmosphere through the process. Nothing to complex however they will
    Ask you To present real ideas. They care that you fit the culture so be prepped for a peer interview. Be yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short. Not intense at all. Very open about comp from the start.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific.

Interview

Applied online and received an initial informal phone call a week later by the hiring manager. Followed by a more formal call from HR covering my resume details. I was then asked to come in for an interview, which took place between three individuals. A bald guy, a fat guy, and a douche with glasses... all three of which tried to act like they knew what they were doing when it was clear they did not.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (Nashville, TN).

Interview

5 minute phone call to set up a 45 minute phone interview which fesulted in an in person interview. The in person interview was with the Department Manager and 1/2 of team. Got call next day with offer. Took 3 weeks to start due to background check process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. During the initial phone interview they told me what the job started at and asked if I was okay with it. I explained that I would have to have equal to or above my last salary and I got it!

Temporary Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jasper, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (Jasper, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview is conducted as a team; You will be interviewed by three or more people, typically an HR employee and two managers, often one of whom will be your boss if you are hired. They will take turns reading from a list of pre-determined questions, generally involving "what would you do if..." scenarios. Most of the questions involve dispute resolution, time management, and safety. The interviewers are looking for an emphasis on safety, willingness/ability to follow directions, and an understanding of the workplace hierarchy (do what your boss tells you, unless it's unsafe/illegal/against company policy...if so, tell him, if he insists, go to his boss, and so on). Fairly standard stuff if you have ever worked for a generic employer in retail, service industries, etc. Above all, they value safety, and to a slightly lesser extent, subordination. They hire many people who have never worked in the production industry or anything comparable, so there will not be industry-specific questions; They just want candidates with common sense and a good work ethic. They are very pro-military, so emphasize your military experience if you have any.

Interview Questions

• You are asked by your supervisor to perform a task you have never done before. It is urgent, and your supervisor does not give you any details about the task, only asks you to complete it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

All pay rates and benefits are set according to job title; There are no negotiations.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific (Vancouver, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

At the time, the size of IT was around 100 or less - the interview process was designed to be informal and conversation-like, rather than any kind of inquisition. A phone call established qualifications and mutual interest, which was then followed up by an all-expenses paid (flight, hotel, car etc) site visit.

Interview Questions

• What do you know so far about our company? From what you know so far, what aspect of the job do you think would be most interesting for you and most closely aligned with your talents?   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana-Pacific in April 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview to go over my resume and background. I was then asked to come in for a formal interview. I interviewed with the logistics manager and a few of the other coworkers.