Louisiana Public Health Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Louisiana Public Health Institute Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Louisiana Public Health Institute

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana Public Health Institute (New Orleans, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

Multiple online application submission on the lphi website portal, which is then narrowed by the hiring team to predetermined candidate interview selections. Interview is conducted by a team of varying backgrounds to limit favoring.

Interview Questions

• Need someone with more Media Experience   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Louisiana Public Health Institute in August 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule an in person interview, and then I went to a two on one interview. my interviewers had a good sense of humor which made my awkward jokes less terrible. it was 30 minutes long. Honestly this was probably the least painful interview I've ever participated in.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Louisiana Public Health Institute (New Orleans, LA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was sent an email saying that I had an interview about two months after I applied. I was interviewed by two people in a very professional, friendly, brief manner. I was offered the position about a week later via email with an acceptance letter.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a past project that was similar to the role you would have here?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Louisiana Public Health Institute (New Orleans, LA) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process for an internship was surprisingly formal. They asked questions that people ask those who are applying for full time jobs. The business is very serious about the interview and hiring process, even if the internship is unpaid. The reality is there are lots of persons who are willing to work at LPHI because they are doing lots of exciting work. There is a strong relationship with Tulane, so differentiating oneself from other people is very important. Once you are hired and have signed the contract, the workplace atmosphere is great.

Interview Questions

• If you have to start a project from scratch, what would you do to ensure that you are meeting the goals you set forth in the future.   Answer Question

Evaluation Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana Public Health Institute.

Interview

The application was online (CL, resume, sample of data analysis), and I had all but forgot that I applied when three weeks later I was called up to come in for an in-person interview. I did that and found that I was being simultaneously interviewed for two separate intern positions (by two supervisors), and that the job description I had initially responded to had been intentionally vague so that specific projects within LPHI can use a general call for intern applicants. I got the details on what the different jobs would entail in the interview, and there were no out-of-the-ordinary interview questions. A full two weeks later I got a phone call and an email with a job offer.

Negotiation

Pay was not touched upon until the emailed job offer, which stated a reasonable hourly wage. Much LPHI work is grant-funded, and it seems to me that the going rate of intern labor is well established, with all the Tulane interns there.