Louisiana Tech University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.1

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

in person and coding was required. background of php.Team orientated development of complex web based applications.
    Front end development using HTML, CSS, Javascript, JQuery, AJAX and others.
    Maintaining existing codebase, including troubleshooting, bug fixing and new feature integration.

Interview Questions

• code a interface system which can take details of students in php and also validate the entered details   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in June 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application and received a phone call to set an interview time and date. I then participated in a four to one panel interview, where they asked typical interview questions; after that interview concluded and i was later contacted for a two to one interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe scenarios from past work experience.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in July 2014.

Interview

I had submitted the resume to a professor showing my intention to join his group as a postdoctoral research associate. After reviewing he called me for the interview 1:1. Then his senior postdoctoral researcher interviewed me regarding my future interest and endeavors. The decision was made on the same day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans?   1 Answer
    • How could you contribute to our group for new product development?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any publications?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University.

Interview

Very relaxed, very friendly. Search committee/chair was and happy to show me around town and offer housing suggestions.

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in September 2008.

Interview

Good Admission packet ..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to continue your Research in physics when the money is clearly elsewhere?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy.

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in October 2013.

Interview

I talked with the supervisor about the possible future opening. luckily there was one and I showed my interest. I was asked to come and visit him in his tomorrow. We had an hour long chit-chat about my research interest and few other question that was not research related.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a brief interview. It described the details of the job and what would be expected. It require alot of dedication. It was not very difficult to understand the material. You had to be punctual and you had to produce results befitting your role.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will handle multiple responsibilities   Answer Question

Adm Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview panel was very professional and accurately described the duties and expectations of the position. Asked relevant questions regarding skills and experience. Provided brief descriptions and examples of work scenarios and asked how the applicant would handle the situations. The interviewers were very polite and followed up after the interview in a timely manner.

Post Doctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was in very friendly environment. First I applied, then I got a main informing that I was selected for short list of candidates. Then They used skype for the interview, since I was not in Louisiana. They asked lot of question on my subject.

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in January 2013.

Interview

Question regarding chemical process, fabrication knowledge, discussion on two research papers. He ask lot of question regarding safety and consistency during experiments. Question regarding previous experience as research assistant. Discussion about current research, direction reason and purpose. Employer also asked question regrading experience in programing language, research interest, and research direction

Interview Questions

• What are possible safety measures required during experiment with oxygen plasma? Why oxygen plasma works?   Answer Question