Louisiana Tech University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Louisiana Tech University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.1

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Contract position, totally take around 2 months, apply through friend reference through email, after phone interview by direct boss, ask some skills and experience, get offer after about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in March 2011.

Interview

not competitive, anyone can get if the professor has funds

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

Find a professor you like, mostly you want it will be someone who related to your major, make a meeting and be polite to him/her since you are only a student.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in March 2011.

Interview

Panel of faculty and student asked questions about academic and work goals. You were asked about your specific research interests, whether you wanted a future job in practice or academia and if you could comply with general office standards of conduct and dress. If you never had a job before, could be intimidating. If you've had a job before in an office, it was easy.

Interview Questions

• Can you work overtime as needed?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University.

Interview

There was none.. position was gotten by academic merit and Teacher Recommendations. Graduate Assistants are mainly internationals to help them get out-of-state scholarship fee waiver. After you have been accepted you go through an Orientation process that explain your duties and meet with the payroll office. That's about it.

Negotiation

it was straight to the point.. i was assigned to work with two professors!

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

Just told about all the work details and how the scheduling works. Its a normal job and not very hard, just do your job and everything is fine. Not a very big interview process but need to be able to work properly

Interview Questions

• It was just routine interview to assess if you can do the job.   Answer Question

Hall Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in March 2013.

Interview

It is a presentation based interview. The presentation they will not tell you what to make it on but i would focus on the key aspects of what a hall director does. (Leadership, communication, ability to relate, and etc.)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be Hall Director?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in January 2013.

Interview

Question regarding chemical process, fabrication knowledge, discussion on two research papers. He ask lot of question regarding safety and consistency during experiments. Question regarding previous experience as research assistant. Discussion about current research, direction reason and purpose. Employer also asked question regrading experience in programing language, research interest, and research direction

Interview Questions

• What are possible safety measures required during experiment with oxygen plasma? Why oxygen plasma works?   Answer Question

Post Doctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was in very friendly environment. First I applied, then I got a main informing that I was selected for short list of candidates. Then They used skype for the interview, since I was not in Louisiana. They asked lot of question on my subject.

Adm Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruston, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview panel was very professional and accurately described the duties and expectations of the position. Asked relevant questions regarding skills and experience. Provided brief descriptions and examples of work scenarios and asked how the applicant would handle the situations. The interviewers were very polite and followed up after the interview in a timely manner.