Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2019.

Interview

1st round-technical. It was mainly focus on my Data skillset. Plus,they extensively look for Tableau Certified professional. Interview was very easy. They asked me about python and SQL as well. At the end, your skillset would matter 50% and your confidence would matter 50%

Interview Questions

• they asked everything about my resume. My interview revolved around my Tableau qualification   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores.

Interview

Interview was very direct. Not your ordinary hypothetical questions. Asked questions that truly related to the position. Interviewer was actually part of said department I would be working in which was able to ask more relevant questions that pertained to the specific job.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores.

Interview

Love's has an incredible interview process. I was able to meet multiple employees before the official interviews even began. Then, on-site in the second round of interviews, I was able to speak with four different employees in different sectors of HR, meet other candidates who applied for the same position, and get a true feel for the organization as a whole. Awesome job!

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had that has helped prepare you for a career in HR?   Answer Question

Interview

How would you take care of a customers complaint??

As a store manager, handling customer complaints is difficult sometimes, but I have learned over my 10 yes. experience that looking at a customers perspective makes a stunning difference and usually allows yourself to complete the situation by without any faulty information and always a satisfied consumer. 😁

Interview Questions

• How would you take care of a customers complaint   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

One on one .. After online application..general application. Basic steps . I did a walk on to this loves location asked if they were hiring? Asked about the process steps i needed to take to fill the application and where? Each store different. Ask for tbe manager name hiring human resources name number? Got a card..wrote it down.applied.asked who do i speak to about a interview? Got the interview..proceeded to the next step of

Interview Questions

• Last job? Why did i choose that company? Tell me about myself? Tell me about mu resume??   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (Hattiesburg, MS) in February 2020.

Interview

Interview process bogus....a recruiter reached out to me to set up a telephone interview that he was late for...then to tell me that he didn't have time to talk to me because his kid had an after school activity that he had to go to. Rescheduled for the following day...we spoke for 45 minutes only to tell me that they don't have any positions available in my market...really??? So why do you have multiple jobs posted online for district managers/store managers? So, needless to say, Love's is not a company I would desire to work for if this is how they handle recruiting...maybe the recruiters fill their day up with wasting other people's time and that's how they justify their salary. Be respectful of people looking for work...we don't have time or energy to waste.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your whole life story...we like to know "everything" about our employees because we are a big family.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enid, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (Enid, OK) in December 2019.

Interview

It was comfortable, fair, and friendly. They made setting up the time for the interview very flex able. I was interviewed by a Male and a female at the same time, that was a good thing.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle other employee's and communicate?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores.

Interview

Applied the a recruiter called for an interview. Then met with a manager the the district manager. Finally a phone call with the divisional manager. The recieved a written job offer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores.

Interview

Applied online, they called back for a phone interview. After a few days that they scheduled a office interview. Took a little over a week in total. Friendly people

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite classes at university, and why?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Love’s?   1 Answer
    • Describe a process/project you have used excel for at university. What all did it include and what did you have to do?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Where do it see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Do you plan to get your CPA?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2019.

Interview

Was a lengthy 3 month process which is to be expected with a company growing so rapidly. Had a phone interview with the recruiter, a phone interview with the Division Director, and a face-to-face with the Division Director.

Interview Questions

The biggest issue for me was that the job description did not match the final offer. The description was very clear about immersing in Love's operation working with a Travel Stop GM and District Manager to prepare you for a role as a District Manager. I understood that the training would be 4-6 months working all areas of the business so you had a full hands on understanding of the processes and could train them to others.

However, the Division Director stated the path required was to start as an Operations Manager, then move to a Travel Stop General Manager and then if performing as one of the best GM's then you might be promoted to a District Manager. I have 13+ years experience in the industry and 7+ years of 80+ multi unit leadership so restarting my career at this point was not a good fit. As well the offer was a 40% reduction in pay, so I declined the offer.