Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2018

2.3

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores.

Interview

Phone call for about 20 minutes. Very comfortable interview.
    They asked me to describe a normal day at my recent job. I was interested in another position as well, and they helped me to get an interview with that one as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a day in my recent job   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone screen at first and then a personnel interview. Very fast interview process. Met with DM and Divisional director in a store setting after 3 days. They got back with me 2 days later to let me know the next step in the process.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation that I struggled with and how did you turn it around?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (Oklahoma City, OK) in December 2017.

Interview

All the HR questions were asked during the interview process. All the questions were asked from the resume. They asked me about my projects and my past experience. Also there wer some situational questions

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my projects and from my resume   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores in November 2017.

Interview

It was two rounds of telephonic and i am still waiting for the reply from their side. The interview was average but they are expecting much from a 1 year experienced.

Divisional Merchandise Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted via Linked In by a Manager. He messaged me regarding the open position and asked if I would be interested or knew someone that had an interest. I messaged him back, and we set a phone meeting. I waited fifteen minutes for his call and then contacted him on Linked In. He asked for five more minutes, I waited fifteen more minutes and told him I would have to reschedule. We reset a meeting for 7:30am the next day, he did not make this meeting either. I messaged him again on Linked In, and he said he was unexpectedly called into a meeting. We set yet another meeting for that evening. I called him, and I was only able to get his voicemail. He contacted me back, and we were finally able to discuss my experience and the structure of the position. Despite what should have been giant red flags to me by this point, I was interested in moving forward in the process and followed up via Linked In to set up the meeting with the Manager. He sent me an e-mail with the information for a WebEx meeting that was supposed to take place today. I dialed in, and the automated attendant advised I was the only participant on the call. Once again, I messaged the Manager on Linked In and let him know there were some technical issues loading WebEx on my laptop. He did not respond; The other Manager that was to be on the call called me and advised we would conduct the interview via phone since he knew I was having technical issues. He asked for my mobile number, I gave it to him twice. I waited 50 more minutes. He never called.

The Manager called about an hour and fifteen minutes after the WebEx was to take place and asked if I had spoken to the other Manager. I relayed the events from the brief interaction. Based on every interaction with the Love’s team being late and not participating without my prompting, I asked to be removed from consideration. The complete and total lack of respect is definitely not the right cultural fit for me. The Manager said he really wished I could have interviewed with the other Manager or the Director...uh, yeah, me too, that’s why I structured my day around the interview. Even after I read all of the negative reviews regarding the recruiting process on Glassdoor, I opted keep an open mind to form my own opinions. That was a bad call on my part, as there was story after story of similar experiences. I was extremely disappointed in the lack of respect for my time. The Manager emphasized the rapid growth that Love’s was experiencing, but I certainly hope they can structure their recruiting team to better support their vision. I felt like I could have made a difference here, but the total lack of organization and execution appear to reflect the chaos that would have ensued in the workplace. I was a candidate that they reached out to for an interview at a Divisional level; I can only imagine what others go through in their interview experience. I wish the Love’s organization all the best in their pursuit of adding store count and talent to their roster, but strong talent will not tolerate this lack of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions as I was the only one on the call.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Phone Interview with the following individuals:
    Corporate Recruiter
    District Manager
    Regional Manager
    The overall process was fairly straightforward and very professional. If felt that the interviewers were family oriented, friendly, and overall one of the most efficient interview processes I have had yet.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomsdale, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (Bloomsdale, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

Scott was very friendly, asked the normal questions, let me ask my questions. Had me shadow a cashier for a few minutes. Then we sat down & talked a little more, asked if I felt like it was something I wanted to do & then offered me a position.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores.

Interview

Had to go through several interviews in person and by telephone. Management at store level, district level, and divisional level. Its a long process. Nothing too hard though. I can't remember too many questions, but they did allow you to speak and listened well. The interview process was cordial and they seemed interested in what you. More like a conversation, than a formal interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy negotiation. I asked for X amount and they agreed.

GM In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores in September 2017.

Interview

Did not tell me much about the company. I had to ask a lot of questions about the position. The HR person was more interested in talking about himself. It was a huge waste of time.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (Norman, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

First round was one on one interview, pretty much discussed about the job and some behavioral questions. This interview was for Business Analyst rather than Technical Analyst. Interview went on for around 30 mins, they replied after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I'm an International Student, so the interviewer asked about education in my country and education in US, and all other general stuffs.
      Some questions were about my interest in Analyst position. I guess the role was for someone who was interested in business analyst rather than technical analyst itself   Answer Question