KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Loves Manager In Training Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 332 interviews

4.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (Waxahachie, TX) in May 2015

Interview

Forewarning: Pretentious, biased and unprofessional recruiters for this company feel threatened by younger, educated professionals. Do you really want to waste your valuable skills and experience running a truck stop anyway? Don't waste your time considering interviewing for this backwards company. Process: Submitted application and resume online, received email invite to attend hiring event where interviews would take place. Drove over an hour to attend interview. Despite extensive sales, management and retail experience as well as college education and an Ivy League grad school certificate, the recruiter reviewed my resume again and stated "we are looking for people with big box retail experience only." It is important to note that I was interviewing with THE SAME RECRUITER WHO PRE-SCREENED ME AND SENT ME AN INVITE TO THE INTERVIEW! When I brought the fact he invited me personally to attend this hiring event, he became visibly annoyed and started asking me questions in an aggressive tone. I was interrupted shortly into answering not just one question, but every question! He became prejudiced against me even though I was more than qualified to run a TRUCK STOP but he refused to learn about my qualifications. He stated he was looking for people who could be responsible for locations generating millions annually in revenue. Just because I didn't manage a truck stop or a Wal Mart before doesn't mean I don't have experience managing P&L, forecasts, HR and operations of a multimillion dollar retail business. Had he taken the time to listen to me he would have learned that. Beyond unfair, but no longer upset as I simply realized that I don't want to make a career running truck stops in the middle of nowhere.

Interview Questions
  • How much did you make at your previous employer?
    1 Answer
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores (Knoxville, TN) in Apr 2013

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. In person interviews with a district manager and a divisional manager. District Manager was in a store. Divisional Manager was a a fast food restaurant. Both were very informative.

Interview Questions
  • Recruiter interview was scripted with basic questions about background, management, style, salary and benefit expectations, etc.
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed