Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute

2.6

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Had a quick phone interview which was just to tell me what a typical day is as aerosol lab tech, then set up actual in-person interview. Hardest part was getting into the place with all the buttons I had to push. Sat in a room and got interviewed by 6 people, 2 at a time. They told me what it would be like, very nice but went on and on about how I wouldn't have a life (since I'm still in school) and how I'd be the only girl there. They had my resume printed out but didn't even refer to it. Ended up not taking it because I wouldn't be able to handle watching dogs be experimented on. They also said I would be using a lot of power tools which wasn't mentioned in the job description.

Interview Questions

• What was a successful project you worked on and what role did you play?   Answer Question
    • What was an unsuccessful project you worked on and what role did you play?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you dealt with a difficult person.   Answer Question
    • If you had a problem with your manager, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute in May 2017.

Interview

Role for short temporary assignment. Spoke to Recruiter a few times. Then had a phone interview with management and current position holder. Each conversation was over the phone. Job description was described accurately.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a animal testing facility?   Answer Question

Animal Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then In-person interview with 3 supervisors. 2 other candidates were also interviewing for the same job at the same time. From the time I interviewed to the time I started was about 6 months, 3 months from the phone interview to my start date.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2015.

Interview

Sigh. I already filled out the salary section. Why do I have to create 50 mindless words to get past this section. It wasn't google or MIT :-) Interview was straight forward. Nothing to create stress.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a grant and contract.   1 Answer

Independent Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2015.

Interview

After weeks of negotiating (which was convoluted and dishonest on their part especially when it came to my payment), I had a sit down with their new CFO David Byrd. He berates you, bullies you, and makes faces at you when you speak. He tries to make you feel as though you are of such low importance you had better take whatever he gives you. Anything you say in protest is disregarded and even laughed at. It was the most unprofessional behavior I've ever experienced in an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you concerned with employee moral and health when it isn't important to us?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Don't get your hopes up in negotiating with these people. They are not interested in fairness.

Aerosol Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Met with four people individually in the same department and given a tour of the facilities. Each individual had questioned me regarding specific areas within the department. The interviewers were courteous.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Good Laboratory Practices and notebook keeping? Are you comfortable using animal subjects in research? What is your approach to troubleshooting and problem solving?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was very typical you meet with a bunch of scientist or the lab talk with management. They will absolutely try to lowball you on salary and claim that Bureau of Labor Statistics data are based on lies.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to examine some data and pick out any anomaly.   2 Answers

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewed separately with 3 individuals. The Chief Financial Officer, the Controller, and the Assistant Controller. They were interested in my audit experience, my software experience, and my management style.

Interview Questions

• Do I give good customer service to internal as well as external customers.
      ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was working with employment agency so the process was handled by them.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and was 2 hours in length. I met with several different individuals, and their questioning was fairly extensive. One of the interviews was with a panel. I was very impressed with the facility and thought that everybody behaved very professionally.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any affiliation with PETA or any other animal rights organization?   Answer Question

Research Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Fairfield, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed in person only by the company with the contract. Security and background checks were done by LRRI.

Interview Questions

• It was a very relaxed and informal interview. It appeared as though I had the job before the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. I need a job so I took a position slightly under my qualifications. The job took sooooo long to start.....