Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.4

Animal Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then In-person interview with 3 supervisors. 2 other candidates were also interviewing for the same job at the same time. From the time I interviewed to the time I started was about 6 months, 3 months from the phone interview to my start date.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2015.

Interview

Sigh. I already filled out the salary section. Why do I have to create 50 mindless words to get past this section. It wasn't google or MIT :-) Interview was straight forward. Nothing to create stress.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a grant and contract.   1 Answer

Independent Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2015.

Interview

After weeks of negotiating (which was convoluted and dishonest on their part especially when it came to my payment), I had a sit down with their new CFO David Byrd. He berates you, bullies you, and makes faces at you when you speak. He tries to make you feel as though you are of such low importance you had better take whatever he gives you. Anything you say in protest is disregarded and even laughed at. It was the most unprofessional behavior I've ever experienced in an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you concerned with employee moral and health when it isn't important to us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't get your hopes up in negotiating with these people. They are not interested in fairness.

Aerosol Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Met with four people individually in the same department and given a tour of the facilities. Each individual had questioned me regarding specific areas within the department. The interviewers were courteous.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Good Laboratory Practices and notebook keeping? Are you comfortable using animal subjects in research? What is your approach to troubleshooting and problem solving?   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewed separately with 3 individuals. The Chief Financial Officer, the Controller, and the Assistant Controller. They were interested in my audit experience, my software experience, and my management style.

Interview Questions

• Do I give good customer service to internal as well as external customers.
      ?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I was working with employment agency so the process was handled by them.

Necropsy Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Reno, NV) in June 2012.

Interview

A brief phone interview followed by a fly me in in person one one a tour of facility meeting upper management as well as the team. An overview of the company. And dinner with supervisor and manager of department

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and was 2 hours in length. I met with several different individuals, and their questioning was fairly extensive. One of the interviews was with a panel. I was very impressed with the facility and thought that everybody behaved very professionally.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any affiliation with PETA or any other animal rights organization?   Answer Question

Research Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Fairfield, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed in person only by the company with the contract. Security and background checks were done by LRRI.

Interview Questions

• It was a very relaxed and informal interview. It appeared as though I had the job before the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. I need a job so I took a position slightly under my qualifications. The job took sooooo long to start.....

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2011.

Interview

Willing to bring in for interview. Not overly difficult interview process. Good relocation compensation.

Negotiation

Ask for what you want. They will offer lower.

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2009.

Interview

Received a phone interview which was ~15mins long. The interview was short and to the point and no stupid questions were asked. I went out for a face-to-face interview a couple of weeks later. This interview lasted the whole day and I talked to multiple people in various roles. I was able to get a good sense of the working environment and the day-to-day processes of the company. The PI I was interviewing for was not present at the other interviews, so I did not feel they were being dishonest in their assessment of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background which you feel qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question
    • What are your expectations of this job and position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated my pay. Do not accept the initial offer