Lovepop Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lovepop

1 Interview Review

4.0

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lovepop in October 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. First step was a phone screen with the recruiter. Some of the behavioral questioning seemed over the top. However the recruiter stated that they were looking for culture fit, he really enjoyed our conversation so I was referred to the hiring manager. Had a phone screen with the tech lead of a team. Spoke about my experience. Was given a take home assignment. You are encouraged to only spend 1-2 hours on it. When I received feedback on my code, the tech lead pointed out a couple of flaws. I was not invited to come onsite for an interview. Honestly I wouldn't bother applying, take home assignments are a gimmick and the mark of a good software engineer is the ability to work as a team to solve problems not code the perfect solution on your own.

Interview Questions

• Pick one

1)Design a service that can ingest a user's current shopping cart and return a list of suggestions for discounts, deals, or upsells that the front-end can then decide to show or not based on various A|B testing strategies.

2A centerpiece of our 3D Custom Card Design system is an engine that allows us to parameterize design files by parsing those files and outputting "variables", which represent content in the file that can be substituted. For this challenge, we would like you to develop a simple module to perform basic variable extraction and substitution for an SVG file.

3)For this challenge you will build a system to ensure appropriate facilitation of order fulfillment given a set of prioritization logic.   1 Answer