Lowe's Appliance Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Appliance Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Manassas, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very generic questions asked. I was interviewed by the HR manager who was friendly and easy going. They write down your responses, and it was only 8-10 questions. Try to give a variety of past experiences not just from 1 job to show that you learned from every point in your work career.

Interview Questions

• have you had any bad relation with a co-worker and how did you resolve the problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Was interviewed by the store manager and the zone assistant manager. The interview questions were mostly "Tell me about a time....." As a specialist you are expected to wear dress pants and a collared shirt. Look professional when going in for the interview. Dress for the job you want.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you disagreed with your manager. How did you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. Take it or don't.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a few days later to schedule an interview. I Interviewed with 1 manager, Normally they have you with two but only one was available. Very fun and easy interview, the manager made it very easy. Mostly questions about work ethic and personality. He told me that they would know with in 3 days, but that he couldn't promise me what rate of pay I would be getting because it is based on experience (which I had lots of in sales and retail). They called me the next day to make the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you completed a project   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you took charge of a work situation with out being asked to   1 Answer
    • How do you go about connecting with a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I started with an online application that included several "tests' to be completed. Later I received an phone automated screening, next was a phone screen interview where I was asked about 4 questions followed by an in person interview that was confirmed via email - I also received a email reminder of the interview the day before.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales experience have you had in the past   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clermont, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Clermont, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Lengthy. They ask a lot of standardized questions that I feel doesn't let them know actually why type of employee you could actually be. It seems very in personable. The entire interview is just answering questions they read off a list.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation. They give you job description and tell you what salary is based on a matrix put in a computer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oneonta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Oneonta, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Questions came straight off the paper
    No probing questions
    Questions were not difficult
    The follow up took weeks and I got an EMAIL response despite the fact that I worked there, they should have told me in person

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Battle Creek, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

Just wanted a sales person. I balked and left once due to iffy interview. Went back a couple weeks later still got hired. This is still a good stop for younger people in college or older employees who may want to supplement their income.

Interview Questions

• Very general. Just what you'd expect.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Denver, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

The first part of the interview process consisted of a personality quiz on the Lowe's website. After passing the initial screening I had an in person interview which consisted of interviewing with the sales manager and senior sales associate.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past sales experience and how it relates to the proposed position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Aurora, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

You will be asked a series of situational questions...what would you do in this case, tell me about a time you showed that you would go above and beyond, etc. Usually two interviewers. Having a resume will put you above the pack, and showing the skills that you have and how they match with the job requirements is very smart. You should dress just a bit better than they do at the store. A pair of Khaki's and a nice shirt don't hurt. Smile, shake their hands firmly and look them in the eye. It's not that difficult an interview. Show that you have experience or at least have the desire to learn and you should breeze into the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond what was required in a previous job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Hattiesburg, MS) in May 2013.

Interview

Typical sales interview, replete with buzzwords and jargon, rhetorical questions and minor psychological evaluation to see if you're enough of a self-starter to work on commission. I don't enjoy competing with other members of my own team to achieve a common goal; would much rather work together to land a sale. That wasn't the environment in this particular store, so I didn't make the cut. They were impressed with my dress and bearing, but wanted more aggressive answers and attitudes toward landing the sale. Perfectly reasonable, I suppose.

Interview Questions

• How would you close the sale?   1 Answer