Lowe's Assembler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Assembler Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Warren, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with doing a online process about getting government aid. Then had a 1 on 1 laid back interview. Which was mainly to answer the printed list of questions the interviewer had.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a time I disagreed with a company policy change.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Tulare, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tulare, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied, then a few days later I interviewed with the ASM (who turned out to by my manager). After the initial interview I was brought back a about 4 days later and met with HR and she told me I got the job. Filled out some paper work and had to subject to a drug test and background check, which took a few weeks. Then started after that with orientation.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a dangerous position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked me about 10 questions and wrote down all my answers. The question were all about my previous experiences on the job. Did you, and have you ever questions. The interviewer wanted me to explain my answers, and go into the past and with detail. It was a workout and seemed draining.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in danger on the Job. Have you ever felt indifferent to a customers wishes but went along anyway. Have you ever had to explain something to a customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

The process is quite simple. They go through your app and questionnaire electronically. Then if you make it through that you will get a call from a human resources person asking you for an interview. From there they will set you up a time and place for said interview. That's when you let your charm loose.

Interview Questions

• There was a lot of "tell me a situation when ________ happened." A lot of life and work situations. Pretty simple stuff.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lowe's (Orland Park, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked me questions that had nothing to do with being an assembler. I found myself trying to think of things to say because i was set to be asked questions about being an assembler. I eventually told themn I have general knowledge about being an assembler. Personally I think their hiring process is terrible. my two years of being there i have seen alot of people get hired that was very uncapable of working the job they were placed in. it made me question who are doing these interviews

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy, very relaxed and one on one activity that the manager made feel like a breeze. Afterwards you then talk to the HR supervisor and she will drug test you and ask you some more questions. Very organized.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff, mainly about prior work experience   1 Answer

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for several job openings at two Lowe's locations. I received a phone call about 2 weeks later asking if I was interested. I interviewed with the HR person the next day. While I was there, I also interviewed with an assistant store manager. Both were very friendly and professional. Before I left, the HR rep did a drug screening with a mouth swab and told me the results would be back in about a week. HR called me 6 days later and asked me to come in for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it." I suppose this is a fairly standard question for an interview but it can catch you off guard if you have not thought about it before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was for more than I had expected. I did not try to negotiate and accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Sanford, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (South Sanford, ME) in February 2014.

Interview

nothing to add here

Interview Questions

• questions that did not apply to my background   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Henrietta, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website for a seasonal job and was called in for an interview. They use a script to conduct the interview and had no awareness of any of the information that is I submitted when I applied except my name and the position I applied for. I even had to write out my availability on paper for them even though I had submitted it with my online application. I was called in for a second interview during which I was offered the job and explained the conditions of my employment. I than had to soak this paper wand thing with my spit for the drug testing. That was the longest part of the process. I was then called later and told when to come in for my orientation session.

Interview Questions

• Nothing about it was difficult. They don't even ask you about your previous experience. It's just pretty much all the same pop psychology testing questions they make you fill out during the online application process. The questions are centered around customer service and how you work with other people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me the job and told me the pay and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I think the hiring process for Lowe's was great. I went through two interviews, one with a shift manager, and the second with assistant store manager. I liked the idea of sitting in front of the computers to do evaluations on regular basis. I was immediately introduced to everyone and made me felt comfortable.