Lowe's Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 26, 2017

3.1

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (Springfield, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Customer service and training experience. What coaching skills and leadership roles have I used in the pat. How important inventory control and employee theft is part of stores ever day tasks

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Warren, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

The SM and HR manager do the interview together. The HR manager does the selection process and then they set up interviews to follow. Very professions environment. Good questions about your management experiences.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions.. Tell me a time where you lead a team... about 8 or 9 questions about your leadership and teamwork   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lowe's (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Situational based questions very pointed at specific answers. Interview is with Store manager. Looking for you to have a identify, plan, solve, and sustain scale of answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation where you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Called for interview, met and interviewed with Store Manager and HR Manager. Called back within a week to come in and do a drug screen and back ground check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that the company went through a change, what did you do to make the change successful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookings, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Brookings, SD) in March 2017.

Interview

The hr will call you in for your interview. My interview was with the hr and store manager. They will ask you around eight situational question with the "tell me about a time when"

Interview Questions

• Do you remember a situation where you had to implement an unpopular program and how did you get your team to buy in ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charleston, WV) in July 2014.

Interview

Since I lived out of state, I had a phone interview. Then had interview with both HR & SM. The interview questions where situational. Being retail for so long, it was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever known of any wrong doing? If so, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Ridiculous. Gone are the days when you can send in a resume. Everything is impersonal and online. You have to take a lengthy assessment test. If you score high on it then you will get calls for an interview. Of course if you fail you will not be called. I would say most of the time with the questions asked-the person has not even looked at your resume or experience.
    Do not get your hopes up. With Lowes as well as most other companies and this includes Home Depot, if you are called to interview for an assistant manager spot..you are what they call a "plus one." Which means they are just seeing what is out there in the market. They do it to cover their butts before they promote an internal employee. They are required to interview at least 3 people before they promote so nobody can go squealing that they had their person already picked out...etc. 99% of the time the job goes to an internal employee who has already been tagged. Of course it gets click-ish and inbred but they have their person picked out. It is great they promote from within but tedious and time consuming for the person outside the company who gets their hopes up. Be sure to ask who they have left to interview and how many are internal. You usually get your answer when you hear about the hiring pool or how quickly they plan on filling the position. If you hit it off with the Store Manager occasionally you will get a kind truth. It is great when you run across someone honest. I used to do the hiring with a previous company so I know how it works. If companies are reading this please consider removing the personality tests and also the assessment tests for the position. You are hiring test takers. In my experience the best employees have interviewed poorly and I have hired them knowing what they were capable of doing because I had a face to face and not a phone interview. The tests mean nothing. A doer does not always test well. And even my wife who has a huge IQ (don't know why she married me tho...could account for stupidity there...lol) will bomb on tests because she gets nervous. There are also people who test excellent and that is all they are capable of doing..is taking tests.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave great customer service. Describe a time when you were in a difficult situation and how did you remedy it...etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Took 3 weeks, HR manager Store Manager Market manager. Online testing and multiple interviews easy interview no out of the box questions. Retail retail retail. Be ready to discuss merchandising and overall employee training as major parts of the business.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you helped employee be their best.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in April 2015.

Interview

Very thorough. A lot of situational questions. Followed the interview guide to the letter. Two interviews and follow up. One with HR and Store Manager. Very easy process and all the people were friendly and helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Diego, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The hiring process for this company is normally smooth, quick and efficient. It depends a lot on the HR Manager and their ability to select, interview and hire the right person without showing favortism or being too selective. The employees that have worked for Lowe's should be paid better to start than what some of the HR Managers pay them.