Lowe's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lowe's (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Multiple interviews with Store manager and district manager. Not always good follow up. Had to call several times to HR manager and find out status of my application and or employment.Once hired average training program.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you successfully led a group of employees to achieve a specific goal and what was outcome ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

met with hr Manager first than met with the store manager was offered job took around a week to bring in board. lots of growth opportunity with in the company usually 10 to 15 store in a 45 mile radius.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Situational based interview, eight questions. Questions were designed to get the full scope of people management skills based on specific experiences of real in-the-field situations. Interviewed by store manager. Took about two weeks to get an answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to resolve an internal or external complaint.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room to negotiate. Use a tool to calculate rate based on experience and education. The rate then has to be approved by area hr.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

From my experience doing multiple interviews, at multiple stores, for multiple positions it seems to go as follows: Each interview was conducted with the Store Manager and either the HR Manager or an Assistant Store Manager.

If you do not apply for an ASM or DM position the day of or the day after it is posted, you will not be called for an interview. The interviews were all scheduled for the same day, and if you were not available on that day, at the time they can see you, you will not be seen. These instances indicate a high likely hood that Lowe's prefers to promote within rather than higher outside the company (Which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

I received a call back after each interview and was told I was a top candidate (Better resume and interview) but had been edged out by a current employee based on not having to be trained as much. I was then asked each time if I would be interested in applying for any other position because they "didn't want to lose (me) as a potential employee" only to ignore my following application and any subsequent phone calls (They told me to call if I was interested) for the position of the employee that beat me out. I'm not sure if they're trained to tell you all of this or if my local locations are just filled with HR nightmares.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to complete a task without being given all of the information or resources.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had a difficult situation with a customer/employee and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Augusta, ME) in October 2016.

Interview

Majority of time was responding to situational questions. There was some time before and after to have an open conversation. The HR Manager and Store Manager were very nice and engaging in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to resolve a conflict between two coworkers.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Lowe's interviews in tandem and they use an awful process of basically writing your entire statement down so they can analyze it for a score and not making conversation so as to remain "fair" between candidates, which can create long silent gaps if you quit speaking. In the end they choose a candidate based on very specific criteria to a set number of questions regardless of experience or knowledge. So if you get the interview just pay attention to the question and answer well and you can beat someone who will actually perform circles around you in the actual job.
    The questions themselves are quite standard and easy if you have experience in sales, customer service, or management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to address performance issues with an employee?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Lowe's in September 2016.

Interview

Online questions. In person with store manager and HR manager . Was called in and had 5 to 7 situational questions. The explained the job and responsibility associated with it . Super personable .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got me the offer I needed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Torrance, CA).

Interview

structured interview questions as always. Good luck with that. They'll never ask you about your previous experience. And do you know what a +2 is..?? That means you were interviewed to fulfill hiring regulations that require them to interview 2 external candidates for every employee they interview. THAT'S why they have no questions afterwards. Just want you outta there. OR your interview will be attached as an external interview anytime after, 6months or more, to fulfill these 'labor' laws. An incredible joke created by clueless labor laws....

How do you know if you're a +2 interview..? If they call you in the morning and tell you they need to interview you that day, you're a +2. That's b/c they want to get their internal employee in place, ready to go, the following Monday. Asst Mgr tells me i'll hear back in 2 days, the in-store HR says 1-30 days. Think they're reading from the same playbook...?? Nope...

Interview Questions

• structured questions, study ken blanchard   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I read the job description. I was asked 9 official questions for a 45 minute interview. The HR manager and store manager alternated questions while taking notes. I was given time at the end of the interview to ask questions. We had great discussion for around 15 minutes. I was told I would receive a call in 3 days. I was offered the job in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Interview Questions
      * Tell me about a time you put together a plan for a project or work assignment.
      * Tell me about strategies you have used in the past to ensure your work or the work of others was accurate and completed satisfactorily.
      * Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on limited or conflicting information.
      * Describe a situation when you worked to identify the needs of a customer or co-worker.
      * Describe a time you and your manager, or a peer, had a major difference of a opinion on how something should be done.
      * Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to help a customer?
      * Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision that impacted the business.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

After applying online if you meet the required experience and skills they are looking for, and only if you pass the assessment test you have to take after applying online (takes about 30-45 minutes), they call you to schedule an appt. You are interviewed by the HR manager and store manager and usually they are very particular in the kind of person they are looking for, even down to the kind of clothes you wear.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer is based off of a tool that the HR manager uses after inputing your experience and knowledge of the position you applied for. If you ask for more, the area HR manager has to approve, they will give a counter offer, not quite what you asked for, but more than you were originally told.