Lowe's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Assistant Store Manager

Lowe's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chandler, AZ) in April 2007.

Interview

interview was very basic, asked for knowledge of merchandising skills as well as people handling skills. asked what to do with an angry customer, what to do with an associate that is underperforming, what the definition is of a "perfect aisle" by merchandising standards. also talked about what i wanted out of my future with lowes

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Augusta, ME) in October 2016.

Interview

Majority of time was responding to situational questions. There was some time before and after to have an open conversation. The HR Manager and Store Manager were very nice and engaging in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to resolve a conflict between two coworkers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wareham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Wareham, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

A lot of retail leadership questions on how to deal with associates and customers in different retail settings. Also on how to handle and coach problem employees and difficult customers.

Interview Questions

• If employees are not doing their jobs how do you correct this   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

From my experience doing multiple interviews, at multiple stores, for multiple positions it seems to go as follows: Each interview was conducted with the Store Manager and either the HR Manager or an Assistant Store Manager.

If you do not apply for an ASM or DM position the day of or the day after it is posted, you will not be called for an interview. The interviews were all scheduled for the same day, and if you were not available on that day, at the time they can see you, you will not be seen. These instances indicate a high likely hood that Lowe's prefers to promote within rather than higher outside the company (Which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

I received a call back after each interview and was told I was a top candidate (Better resume and interview) but had been edged out by a current employee based on not having to be trained as much. I was then asked each time if I would be interested in applying for any other position because they "didn't want to lose (me) as a potential employee" only to ignore my following application and any subsequent phone calls (They told me to call if I was interested) for the position of the employee that beat me out. I'm not sure if they're trained to tell you all of this or if my local locations are just filled with HR nightmares.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to complete a task without being given all of the information or resources.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had a difficult situation with a customer/employee and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Situational based interview, eight questions. Questions were designed to get the full scope of people management skills based on specific experiences of real in-the-field situations. Interviewed by store manager. Took about two weeks to get an answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to resolve an internal or external complaint.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room to negotiate. Use a tool to calculate rate based on experience and education. The rate then has to be approved by area hr.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pocono, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Mount Pocono, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Assistant Store Managers tarts with a computer assessment , then an interview with HR a series of about 10 questions , then an interview with ASM also about 10 questions They interview between 3 and 5 people for position if they like you then you meet the store manager who will make an offer , then you have to wait for drug test and background Takes between 2 and 4 weeks for proses

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brimfield, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Brimfield, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

I am a Department Sales Manager for Lowe's so the process for an internal hire is a little less formal than an external hire. Its about a one hour 2 on 1 interview with the Store Manager and HR Manager. They choose 3 candidates that they feel are the best qualified from those that applied that the they want to interview then set-up a day and interview time with each candidate. 10 questions on a preset interview form which I am not sure if they are different or not for an external candidate but had a lot of references to the Lowe's working structure. Each question gave them a section to take notes and then to rate you on the question. They took turns on each question which were kinda generalized with a few specifics that asked for situations that ranged across how you problem solved, resolved a customer issue, helped a struggling employee, were adaptive to change and your ability to get results. After the 10 preset questions then the store manager asked 2 additional questions of their own that where not required.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a recent situation in which your team was struggling and how did you embrace the situation and what did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (Wichita, KS) in August 2012.

Interview

HR department called after about 2 months. Set up interview at the store. Came in for a 45 minute interview with HR manager and store manager. Just basic questions in regards to customer service, personnel, and store procedures. Store manager called me within 3 days to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate your a manager who does not agree with the policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me $59000 and I accepted. There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lowe's (Springfield, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted after their HR Recruiter saw my resume online. After a telephone interview with the recruiter, I was called back to meet the HR Manager at the store for an interview. The interview was comfortable and the questions weren't too bad since I have worked in Retail for 18 years (Retail Manager for 10 of the 18 years). The interview went well and I was contacted later in the day to set up an interview with the District Manager. This is where the process for me went from positive to negative. It was rescheduled three times due to the DM's "busy" schedule. I was able to adjust my schedule and meet him for the interview finally. Once I met him, the minute he took one look at me I could see I would not be offered a position. I think because I am a girl and look young he did not think I was capable of running a store. I have been successful in my current position as an Assistant Store Manager for a grocery store for 10 years. I believe I would have done well at Lowe's if I had been given a chance. He was practically yawning while I was answering his questions. All in all, I will say after meeting this man I was no longer interested in working for this company or shopping there. The Store Manager and HR Manager I had met with were great. This interview left a bad taste in my mouth after meeting the DM and I can see it is looked upon as a "man's job" in the DM's mind. I found him unprofessional due to his interview and also how he rescheduled the interview three times. It gave me an idea of how my time would be disregarded if I got a job with them. With this man doing interviews, I believe they are missing out on good candidates. He was intimidating and did not make for a great interview experience. I work with many levels of management including DM's regularly in my current job, and have never been made to feel this way. All in all, maybe they should look at changing their upper management if they want their business to be number 1.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your typical day at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

It's pretty basic. You interview with the Store Manager and the HRM. Basic situational type questions. They want you to tell a story about what has actually happened.....not what you would do it......

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time that you had a disagreement with a coworker. What Happened, what did you do to fix the relationship.   1 Answer