Lowe's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chandler, AZ) in April 2007.

Interview

interview was very basic, asked for knowledge of merchandising skills as well as people handling skills. asked what to do with an angry customer, what to do with an associate that is underperforming, what the definition is of a "perfect aisle" by merchandising standards. also talked about what i wanted out of my future with lowes

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Richmond, VA) in August 2018.

Interview

Behavioral Interview, questions were all "tell me about a time" . The interview was at the store with two managers. Try to reference your job experience instead of just personal experience as it is more impactful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a decision that positively affected the bottom line.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you lead a team to accomplish a time sensitive task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Port Orchard, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Port Orchard, WA).

Interview

Usually with store manager and another assistant manager or human resource manager are involved with the process. Took place in a small office . They gave no indication on how I did, just said will be in contact with you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you identified an industry trend or a best practice that impacted your team.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you led an uninspired team...   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

The interview was with the HR manager and store manager. The process involved two interviews total and was pretty straight forward. The interview consisted of many situational questions and how you handled them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you motivated an individual or team to achieve a very challenging goal?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

I was an internal candidate-applied through employee portal. Had interview with store manager and hr manager about two weeks later. It was about 6-8 questions, all situational based.Received job offer day after.

Interview Questions

• Lots of sales oriented questions . Know how to talk about numbers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2017.

Interview

This was a two part interview process. First interview was with an Assistant Manager then I was scheduled for one with Store Manager. Total turn around time was less than a week.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Situational interview not geared toward applied job, but centers on you, and how you are. Ours ask if you are safe, do you work well with others, how is your integrity, can you problem solve, can you do repetitive work, can you prioritize?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time were you had to choose between 2 competing task?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Antonio, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Basic scenario questions asking how did you handle situation and why, Various other scenario questions to see how your behaviors are and how you are able to react. Customer service is key to what the company does

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

After applying online if you meet the required experience and skills they are looking for, and only if you pass the assessment test you have to take after applying online (takes about 30-45 minutes), they call you to schedule an appt. You are interviewed by the HR manager and store manager and usually they are very particular in the kind of person they are looking for, even down to the kind of clothes you wear.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to complete a task without being given all of the information or resources.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer is based off of a tool that the HR manager uses after inputing your experience and knowledge of the position you applied for. If you ask for more, the area HR manager has to approve, they will give a counter offer, not quite what you asked for, but more than you were originally told.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lowe's (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Multiple interviews with Store manager and district manager. Not always good follow up. Had to call several times to HR manager and find out status of my application and or employment.Once hired average training program.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you successfully led a group of employees to achieve a specific goal and what was outcome ?   1 Answer