Lowe's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

getting application set up took a while on line which is the only option and then had to answer many questions to check my aptitude which is fine but a lot of questions were redundant

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

structured to a fault. If you are competent and you get to the interview point you should be good. I do think that your chances as an outside candidate are lower due to the experiences needed as an insider to score higher on the questions.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time when you where not able to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

here is the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Filled out application for over 2 years and finally got a phone interview. Was called more than once as the initial phone interview went well. Was told I would be called back by a team member or manager at one of the stores I applied for. Never received a call back.

Interview Questions

• Questions are really irrelevant as each situation is different.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

It's pretty basic. You interview with the Store Manager and the HRM. Basic situational type questions. They want you to tell a story about what has actually happened.....not what you would do it......

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time that you had a disagreement with a coworker. What Happened, what did you do to fix the relationship.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tulsa, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview lasted about 30 minutes I felt rushed. I was the second one they interviewed and soon got the feeling I was being interviewed as one of the three they needed before hiring someone they already had in mind.

Interview Questions

• Whats the one thing you do to gain associates trust.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Columbia, SC).

Interview

You must go online and complete a talent management review. Once this is completed you can apply for jobs that become open. Once 3 candidates are chosen from the applicant pool, then interviews begin. After interviews are conducted the candidate that is chosen is offered the job and salary details are discussed at that time

Interview Questions

• How did you go above and beyond to help a customer make a purchase   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Conyers, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

One interview after speaking with a recruiter on some regions. Other Regions still choose at the store level. One interview usually with the store and HR manager. Usually very simple compared to other places I have seen

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions Tell me about a time you ETC.... About 8 questions is all   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's in November 2014.

Interview

A series of situational sales and management questions. Answers should be in depth and show not only how you handle each situation, but the thought process behind your decisions. As this is a senior management position, it is helpful to base your answers on customer focused decisions and situations where you have developed members of an organization or team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict between to coworkers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation, the salary is based on a computerized process

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

A lot of situational scenarios are asked. Name a time when... If you study and prepare you will do well. You can't just wing it or you will fail. You must score higher than the other people going for the same position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had two employee's who did not get along. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ozark, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Ozark, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was extremely brief. I was contacted for an interview the next day however I was already working at my current job so they asked to schedule the interview later that afternoon. Interview was held with the Store Manager and HR manager and lasted roughly 30 minutes. I was called back with a job offer the next. Interview process consisted of reading and signing a position overview, reviewing background information and 8 situational based questions.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were situational based. Give me an example of, tell me about a time when, etc.
      Specific question was "Tell me about a time when you weren't able to satisfy a customer."   Answer Question

Offer declined due to inability of Lowe's to meet salary requirements, short training period (1 week before being placed fully in role), and low work life balance due to rotating 4 week schedule.