Lowe's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Get a call after applying then they do a pre screen then let you know that you have an interview and schedule it. Then interview is about 9 situational questions with HR and manager giving interview alternating questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had a specialist who was under performing how would you address the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Asked a set series of behavioral questions. All answers were rated based on the level of detail. You can be the best qualified candidate but still lose the job based on not providing enough detail when answering one of the many vague questions. After working for Lowe's for 5 years, 80% of candidates are preselected to be hired before the interview process starts. This was told to me be 3 different Store Managers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had complete a project while being interrupted.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

interview question are bold and bias, depending if the HR and Store manager like your response. Problem solving question, leadership, situations in direction and advice. Turnover is high / HR must interview at least 3 individuals for the position / HR interview is review by grade point system. 1-5 5 being the best. Pay rate is submitted to pay scale system and HR.

low pay salary / 50 plus hours per week / more during holidays

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lowe's (Watertown, NY).

Interview

Even as a current associate you must apply for any openings that you are interested in . If chosen you will go through the interview process just as someone off the street would . The interview is a series of 10 questions, most of them situational , " Tell me about a time " or " What would you do to ". They are looking for DETAILED answers and thorough responses. Take your time, it can be intimidating with the store manager and HR manager both taking notes . Make sure to do some research and have some questions of your own to ask them .

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict between two associates.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you if you had a Sales Specialist that was struggling to make their sales goal   Answer Question
    • What steps would you take to gain trust and respect from your associates   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pending

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

All situational questions. Answers must be detailed. Always use best experience. Answers are scored 1-5. 5 is the highest score per question. At the end of the interview, all scores are added up and divided by the number of questions for the interview score. The best interviewer get the job

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What makes you the best candidate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Antonio, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I was an internal candidate. I set up the interview with HR and sat down with both HR and the Store Manager. The day after the interview I was selected and my resume and interview paperwork was sent to the Market Director for review & final decision. Two weeks later I was made an offer that was contigent on accepting a move to another local store. I accepted and moved the next week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked to find the needs of a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tifton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Tifton, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

New interview process. Have to pass pre interview before you can be considered to go on to real interview. Its 10 questions as always and they are all situation based questions...if you were in this situation what would you do? Categories ranging from customer service, sales, loss prevention, and pretty much common sense. You either have what they are looking for or you don't. Benefits them to hire someone in house when its last minute decision. To make themselves better they hire someone outside the company.

Interview Questions

• Name s time where you had to make a difficult decision? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Nashville, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

Asks a bunch of stupid questions. You can easily make stuff up. Questions are just looking to see if you can meet minimum requirements to be able to perform the task of helping people

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a team depended on you to execute a task that needed a lot of skill to complete.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Job offered. Take it or leave it

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Very detailed with two managers both taking time to ask questions and taking notes on how I answered and the detail of my answer in relation to the question asked

Interview Questions

• What was one time you dealt with a employee confrontation and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Most of them are situation questions. Lots of questions last about 45 minutes. If you have Lowe's Experience you should be ok. Otherwise might be a tough interview. Geared more towards in-house than outsiders.