Lowe's Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a Customer Service Associate II position in Appliances. I was called about a week after I initially submitted my application, I was asked to come in for an interview. Once I arrived the HR rep at the store location I applied to explained the position to me, show me the position requirements and duties, and asked me was I able to perform the duties. Once I stated that I was able to perform the duties required, she proceeded with the interview. She asked 7 STAR formatted interview questions. Once she was done she told me that it was Lowes policy to interview 3 candidates and that she would get back to me by the end of the week. She ended up calling me back a week later, and told me that I had the position and asked me to come in for a drug screening and background check. Fairly simple and straightforward interview. The only negative that I had was they offered me $10.75 (which is my lowest paying job ever) and I have 2 years appliance sales experience and over 10 years experience in retail, the only reason I accepted the offer was because it was a part time job for me. The pay was lower than both Sears and Home Depot, whom I've worked for both companies before in appliances.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to address a safety concern in the store. What was the safety issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

PSI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

After doing an online application I received a call from HR, within a few days I received a call from assistant manager. Interview appointment with store manager and assistant manager . Standard interviewing questions about experience and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• From a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your knowledge on: cabinets, plumbing, counter tops, electrical.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Ridiculous. Gone are the days when you can send in a resume. Everything is impersonal and online. You have to take a lengthy assessment test. If you score high on it then you will get calls for an interview. Of course if you fail you will not be called. I would say most of the time with the questions asked-the person has not even looked at your resume or experience.
    Do not get your hopes up. With Lowes as well as most other companies and this includes Home Depot, if you are called to interview for an assistant manager spot..you are what they call a "plus one." Which means they are just seeing what is out there in the market. They do it to cover their butts before they promote an internal employee. They are required to interview at least 3 people before they promote so nobody can go squealing that they had their person already picked out...etc. 99% of the time the job goes to an internal employee who has already been tagged. Of course it gets click-ish and inbred but they have their person picked out. It is great they promote from within but tedious and time consuming for the person outside the company who gets their hopes up. Be sure to ask who they have left to interview and how many are internal. You usually get your answer when you hear about the hiring pool or how quickly they plan on filling the position. If you hit it off with the Store Manager occasionally you will get a kind truth. It is great when you run across someone honest. I used to do the hiring with a previous company so I know how it works. If companies are reading this please consider removing the personality tests and also the assessment tests for the position. You are hiring test takers. In my experience the best employees have interviewed poorly and I have hired them knowing what they were capable of doing because I had a face to face and not a phone interview. The tests mean nothing. A doer does not always test well. And even my wife who has a huge IQ (don't know why she married me tho...could account for stupidity there...lol) will bomb on tests because she gets nervous. There are also people who test excellent and that is all they are capable of doing..is taking tests.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave great customer service. Describe a time when you were in a difficult situation and how did you remedy it...etc.   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bastrop, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Bastrop, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Very informative of Company goals and future. Interview was very well conducted by Store mgr and Asst Store Mgr. Very professional. Very Knowledgeable. During the Interview process they made me feel like this would be a great place to work and that Customers were always treated with the utmost respect. I would recommend Lowes as a decent place to work.

Interview Questions

• What I felt was a major part in giving great Customer service ?   Answer Question

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leander, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Leander, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call went to two interviews first with the HR then the Area service Manager . First interview question were more personality questions and moral values based questions and the second interview with the manager were performance and situational based questions

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

After applying online if you meet the required experience and skills they are looking for, and only if you pass the assessment test you have to take after applying online (takes about 30-45 minutes), they call you to schedule an appt. You are interviewed by the HR manager and store manager and usually they are very particular in the kind of person they are looking for, even down to the kind of clothes you wear.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to complete a task without being given all of the information or resources.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer is based off of a tool that the HR manager uses after inputing your experience and knowledge of the position you applied for. If you ask for more, the area HR manager has to approve, they will give a counter offer, not quite what you asked for, but more than you were originally told.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Marcos, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

had an interview with two different managers. one was the ASM in charge of the zone I was working in. The other was the HR manager. They had a lot of situational type questions that they ask. Make sure you have examples/stories to tell before you go in there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your work required a great deal of accuracy.   Answer Question

Outside Lawn and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bastrop, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Bastrop, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Monica called me in, I waited a short time for her to interview me. We had a nice one on one interview. As soon as my background check came back I started within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• If I could pass a drug & background screen.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (San Marcos, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

He didn't even look up from his clip board and literally just read off of what seemed like a script with no emotion. Barely even wrote what I actually said onto the board either. generalized my own words. In the end I got the offer and accepted because it was the best pay in a college town, but it was definitely my least favorite job I had ever had.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work with others and it was a struggle?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Apply online and wait for a call back. I found it helpful to go into the store to speak with the HR manager. Questions about customer and management situations that you must refer to past related experience. A minimum of 3 people are interviewed for jobs at Lowe's. Hopefully you are not a filler interview to cover there policy and then they hire the person that they already wanted to give the job.

Interview Questions

• Tells us about a time that you had to help a difficult customer. What was the issue and how did you handle it?   Answer Question