Lowe's Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

2.5

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The on campus interview was very well constructed, but the in office interview was with two people. They were very dry and formal, and didn't respond much. Many behavioral type questions instead of questions pertaining to actual finance.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you had to solve a problem in a team setting.   Answer Question

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

applied online and got a call from HR within 3 days. HR was very flexible working around my schedule to set the interview and even offered to come to where I was, Out of state. HR told me that I was one of 3 candidates selected for the interview process and that they had closed down the job board.

Interview Questions

• What is most important to you when considering a position?   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Easy questions, interviewed with two people. Got the offer directly after interviewing. Had to take mouth swab drug test. Started the next week with orientation then got thrown right in the mix.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Super laid back, respectful environment , hypothetical situation questions and also give an example of a time questions. Felt very informal but formal enough if that makes sense. Everyone was kind and helpful

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Department Manager Lowes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received a communication from the HR manager to schedule an interview. I went to the store for the interview which included the HR manager and the ASM.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a peer or supervisor had a disagreement.   Answer Question

PSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Describe a situation in which you dealt with an unhappy customer extremely down to earth they give you plenty amount of time to answer the questions take your time and describe describe describe

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you dealt with an unhappy customer   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation in which you dealt with an unhappy customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was really no room to negotiate

Executive Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Lowe's interview process is VERY slow and generally takes longer than most companies of similar size. To make matter worse, follow up communication is terrible! After my initial phone screen, I was told that I would get a call from the interview scheduler within 24 hours, but it actually took exactly one week! After the interview, I was told that I would get a follow-up phone call the following Monday but the phone call never came. The recruiter then emailed me apologizing for missing the Monday deadline and asked if I'd be available the following Wednesday for the call. No call came on Wednesday either. The recruiter then sent another email apologizing for missing the 2nd follow-up call and asked if we could set up a call for the Friday after he returned from vacation for a week (we were now into our 3rd week after the interview). Believe it or not, the recruiter blew off the call AGAIN! Sensing that 3rd times the charm, I sent an email to the recruiter withdrawing from the role. Miraculously, I got a call the very next morning....on a Saturday!!! The recruiter apologized profusely but the damage was done at that point.

Be warned! Lowe's itself seems to be a pretty good company, but the Talent Acquisition department is one of the worst I've ever dealt with.

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Interview

The interview was conducted at the Lowe's corporate campus in Charlotte, North Carolina. It was mostly conversational in nature and took place in a pleasant, casual setting that admittedly would get a bit loud at times. Two people conducted the interview, alternating questions. Overall, it was a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: did you employ or develop a style guide in your last position?   1 Answer

Manager Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Was recruited to this opportunity by a colleague so not a typical path. Multiple conversations laid out the challenges and strategy of the organization, and clearly defined the expectations for this seat.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you took a tough team situation and turned it around?   Answer Question
    • If a project manager advised you that a key deployment would be delayed, what would you do? (Under their breath, before I could answer they said "I'd fire them".)   1 Answer

Fundamental style conflict with upper management. I've succeeded and helped projects excel through exercising emotional intelligence, which did not seem to be welcome in this group.

CSA Lowes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was asked about 5 questions, while the interviewer wrote down the answers. She was very kind and unintimidating. She told me to take my time. She was very understanding. I had already gone through one interview at a different Lowes and they used the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you successfully worked through a situation when the customer was unhappy.   1 Answer