Lowe's Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Very poor not professional they had someone else already picked they called it a plus 2 interview never intended to hire anyone but their pick already waste of my time

Interview Questions

• Why us ? we already have someone but ill interview you because i have to interview at least 3 people   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Appliances Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

In the Chicago area, there are no longer HR managers in-store, so hiring is outsourced. So being an internal candidate, I didn't have to do the initial phone screening. I was called to schedule an interview based off my work schedule. I was eligible to do a phone interview if unable to do a in-person because my schedule didn't allow it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when others depended on you for a high level of accuracy.   Answer Question
    • Describe steps you would take to address a customer's complaint. Actions taken, how did you use the info to improve customer service & what could have been done differently.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make an important decision based on incomplete or conflicting information.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an instance at work where you took charge of a situation without being asked   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you put together a project or work assignment, what was the project, who did you involve & what did you do to make sure the project got done correctly.   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a Head Cashier position, got a call from a corporate recruiter and did a phone interview, she then scheduled me to go to the store to meet with the ASM- Administration, did great on that interview and then did a last interview with the Sales Manager for whatever reason. 1 week later was offered the position and came in and did the drug test

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a team was depending on you to complete a specific task that required a high level of accuracy   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied, did a phone interview and got hired on the spot !!! I was so nervous but it went great !!! Meeting David and Rachel made the process so much easier.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work as part of a group at work.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview took about 90 minutes. 12 to 14 questions. 6 by HR and 6-8 by Asst. Manager. Company structured questions so all candidates get same questions. All questions dealt with customer services, relations or mistakes you made and how you fixed the issues.
    Informal setting and relaxed. Life experiences helpful.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

standard questions, five questions that are standard.
    not the best questions but it is what it is
    i did not agree with this way of interviewing and feel it is lazy and does not allow the employer to get to know the employee. they ask five questions and that's it.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had a complicated problem and came up with a simple solution   1 Answer

Pricing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online very quick questionaire submission. Notice very high need for employees. Very brief on the interview questions. I understood every question and provided good description of my work performance in a retail environment. Appreciated that they gave me an exact time frame for a call back.

Interview Questions

• How do you define good customer service?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a long and exhausting process why must it takes 3 interview to determine whether or not your right for the position and then after all the interviews you still do not get the job its just absurd.

Lumber&Building Material Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews within a matter of an hour. Had drug screening the same day. Spoke with an assistant store manager the HR department manager, the store manager. Was shown the department that I was possibly going to work in. Was introduced to the other assistant store managers.

Interview Questions

• They really want to know my availability.   1 Answer

Plumbing Pro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

The lower positions interview are easy. Management interviews are very specific and they only want their answers. They follow a format with exact question every time. They don't care about performance or ideas. They want dummy's on management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an irate customer and what you did.   Answer Question