Lowe's Customer Service Associate I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Customer Service Associate I Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Brownsburg, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Brownsburg, IN) in April 2011.

Interview

Process was fairly simple. I had a referral. After submitting my resume and job application in-store, I received a phone call from HR within a month. I did not receive any interview questions over the pone. I was requested to come in to interview with the HR Manager, Sales Manager and Store Manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with a customer as they approach the check-out?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Cromwell, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Cromwell, CT).

Interview

Normal behavioral questions,I applied online and few days after i got a call for the interview by the hiring management.
    It took about 30 minutes and after the interview i was taken to the Store Manager for few questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation,your pay depends on experience.

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's in April 2014.

Interview

asked me about myself, what would i bring to the table for the company, sell them a product, it'll be the one you say you have the most knowledge with. you'll come in and more than likely get interviewed with the hr manager and the store manager. if not the store manager the assistant store manager.

Interview Questions

• asked me about myself, what would i bring to the table for the company, sell them a product, it'll be the one you say you have the most knowledge with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I believe the key is to be honest and consistent. There are many questions that are worded differently. Don't try to anticipate what the interviewer wants to here. They really want to know your opinion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were involved or witnessed an altercation between co-workers and what actions did you take.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's.

Interview

Once you get a call the head of Human Resources sets up an interview with you. Your first interview will be with the head of HR. If the head of HR likes you she sets up a second interview with the store manager. Both interviews basically ask you the same questions.

Interview Questions

• A customer is looking to buy paint but doesn't know what color to choose how do you approach this situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Ocala, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

Moderate interview in my opinion. First interview will be with the HR manager. Typical questions included past experience and how you went about doing said jobs. Other questions will include rating your handiness, if you believe you could put together displays and how long it would take, etc. Second interview is with an Assistant Store Manager, and mine was almost the exact same list of questions, so be prepared to remember prior answers. Overall, if you get your second interview, you're pretty much golden.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question asked was how I would go about helping a customer plan a project. It was difficult because I had never worked retail before, so I didn't really know the procedure, but just think like you're a customer who knows what they're looking for and you'll most likely give the right answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hours are non-negotiable. You're scheduled what you're scheduled and that's for everybody, including managers. My beginning pay with no retail experience was $8.88, so I had no reason to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (College Station, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Filled out job app. online. WIthing 3 days I was called to come in for an interview. I had an interview with the HR and it was seriously the typical questions that you'll find if you search on google "job interview questions". The guy was nice, I didn't get the job I called back and I was told I was the fifth on the list out of 27 people and that they interview the first three on the list first and then move on from there.

Interview Questions

• "Okay I have asked you a lot of questions, it is your turn to interview me...."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Since I only went in to be interviewed for a week shifts, the interview process with the Assistant Store Manager and the HR Manager was very easy. Basically, standard customer services question. Asked about five or six questions, I was asked to submit a sample for drug test. I was given some more paper works to filled out for background check. A week later, I was told to come in to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's in June 2009.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call within a weak. The first interview was with the HR supervisor. The 1st interview basically prepared me for the second interview with the store manager. During the 1st interview, the HR supervisor asked about my background, tested my communication skills, and provided me with questions that the store manager may ask during my 2nd interview. The 2nd interview with store manager was very easy. Both interviews lasted abour 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Binghamton, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

I was called shortly after I filled out my online application. I scheduled and in-person interview for the following week. I showed up and the HR manager was in another meeting so I was told I had to reschedule and come back another time. I did exactly that and was then interviewed by both the HR manager and the sales manager. Each interview lasted approximately 10 minutes. Both managers asked basic STAR questions and took notes as I responded. They did not ask any unexpected questions. I was then told that I would receive a call from them the following week, but I did not, so I called them. I ended up having to follow up two more times before they called me giving me their offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lowe's.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was told that the hourly pay that was offered was non-negotiable.