Lowe's Customer Service Associate II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.5

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Sanford, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed 5 days after I submitted the application. Seemed to be a great interview but wasn't picked for the position so I applied for the same position in another dept and am being considered. The HR hiring manager stated that every position has a 3 candidate interview. So the position goes to who seems the most qualified. That's what I call the luck of the draw, so I am not holding my breath

Interview Questions

• Have you ever went above and beyond your job your job description?   Answer Question
  • Have u ever been influenced to break a rule because you've seen others get away with it??? How did that make you feel?   Answer Question
  • What have you done to correct a safety hazard while at work?   Answer Question
  • When you and your coworker don't agree about something how did you move forward?   Answer Question
  • Describe a relationship that you formed with a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a Customer Service Associate II position in Appliances. I was called about a week after I initially submitted my application, I was asked to come in for an interview. Once I arrived the HR rep at the store location I applied to explained the position to me, show me the position requirements and duties, and asked me was I able to perform the duties. Once I stated that I was able to perform the duties required, she proceeded with the interview. She asked 7 STAR formatted interview questions. Once she was done she told me that it was Lowes policy to interview 3 candidates and that she would get back to me by the end of the week. She ended up calling me back a week later, and told me that I had the position and asked me to come in for a drug screening and background check. Fairly simple and straightforward interview. The only negative that I had was they offered me $10.75 (which is my lowest paying job ever) and I have 2 years appliance sales experience and over 10 years experience in retail, the only reason I accepted the offer was because it was a part time job for me. The pay was lower than both Sears and Home Depot, whom I've worked for both companies before in appliances.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to address a safety concern in the store. What was the safety issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Peoria, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with hr manager gave me paper to look over briefly which was everything you see when you apply online. She interviewed me asking 8 questions about tasks and situations you encountered in previous years of employment. Was very simple and smooth experience! I did interview about 2 weeks ago and was told I would receive a call if I were to be offered a position or an email if they went another direction. I'm still waiting and hoping to get a call or they just left me hanging and nothing will be sent!

Interview Questions

• What was one time you went above and beyond for your employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Quick and easy. Situational questions. Talked about background, talked about what would you do in this situation, and etc.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in this situation, how did you solve.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnwood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lincolnwood, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Upon completing the online application and attaching my resume and references, I was redirected to two other third-party web vetting/profiling websites. These included many boilerplate policy statements and permissions for background checking and drug testing. This application process took a little over two hours. The manager that I was supposed to meet with wasn't even scheduled to come in that day. I arrived promptly for a lawn and garden position. I spent an hour walking the department. Disorganized stock, scattered tools and other safety violations. I eventually was eventually interviewed by another manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe an incident with a disgruntled customer… How did you handle it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Orlando, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

They emailed me and wanted to pick a time slot for the interview. The only time available was a week after the receiving email. After going to the location the manager interviews me. He was so friendly. He wrote sown all i said on 2 or 3 papers. it took an hour overall. At the end he said apply for other position to increase your chance. I found out I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• There were a bunch of typical questions.
      Have you been in a dangerous situation? how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Banner Elk, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Banner Elk, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Interviewed in store. Was promised a response by email within a week, but never heard from personnel manager. Personnel manager read scripted questions from a list. She was quite impersonal and somewhat cold.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you were put in a dangerous situation at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you felt pressured by peers and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roeland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Roeland Park, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for a face-to-face interview 3 days later. The hiring manager was very friendly and asked a lot of behavioral questions. The entire nterview lasted for about 45 minutes. I was ver nervous and I tink thats what got in the way. So my advice to you is to keep your nerves under control. Try and relax as much as possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Wilmington, DE) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received call for scheduling an interview within a few days. Interviewed with a manager about a week after original application. I was first candidate and Lowes was hiring a number of different seasonal and part time roles. My application was for part time role and it's urgency was less than seasonal. I waited 4 weeks until I received offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with people from multiple departments?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you trained someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Corpus Christi, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Very easy. I pretty much had job in bag. She asked me 8 scripted questions and told me I had the job as long as i passed assessment. I came and signed a couple papers. There is a saliva drug test and background check they do. But ive read people being hired with just passing the test regardless of background.

Interview Questions

• A time your were part of a team that counted or relied on you?   1 Answer