Lowe's Customer Service Associate II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lowe's Customer Service Associate II Interview Questions

Interviews at Lowe's

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowe's (Peoria, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with hr manager gave me paper to look over briefly which was everything you see when you apply online. She interviewed me asking 8 questions about tasks and situations you encountered in previous years of employment. Was very simple and smooth experience! I did interview about 2 weeks ago and was told I would receive a call if I were to be offered a position or an email if they went another direction. I'm still waiting and hoping to get a call or they just left me hanging and nothing will be sent!

Interview Questions

• What was one time you went above and beyond for your employer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lowe's

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lowe's (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a Customer Service Associate II position in Appliances. I was called about a week after I initially submitted my application, I was asked to come in for an interview. Once I arrived the HR rep at the store location I applied to explained the position to me, show me the position requirements and duties, and asked me was I able to perform the duties. Once I stated that I was able to perform the duties required, she proceeded with the interview. She asked 7 STAR formatted interview questions. Once she was done she told me that it was Lowes policy to interview 3 candidates and that she would get back to me by the end of the week. She ended up calling me back a week later, and told me that I had the position and asked me to come in for a drug screening and background check. Fairly simple and straightforward interview. The only negative that I had was they offered me $10.75 (which is my lowest paying job ever) and I have 2 years appliance sales experience and over 10 years experience in retail, the only reason I accepted the offer was because it was a part time job for me. The pay was lower than both Sears and Home Depot, whom I've worked for both companies before in appliances.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to address a safety concern in the store. What was the safety issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Sanford, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed 5 days after I submitted the application. Seemed to be a great interview but wasn't picked for the position so I applied for the same position in another dept and am being considered. The HR hiring manager stated that every position has a 3 candidate interview. So the position goes to who seems the most qualified. That's what I call the luck of the draw, so I am not holding my breath

Interview Questions

• Have you ever went above and beyond your job your job description?   Answer Question
    • Have u ever been influenced to break a rule because you've seen others get away with it??? How did that make you feel?   Answer Question
    • What have you done to correct a safety hazard while at work?   Answer Question
    • When you and your coworker don't agree about something how did you move forward?   Answer Question
    • Describe a relationship that you formed with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Sanford, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

After applying a few weeks ago I was called in for a formal interview. I was in an office with one of the store's assistant managers and we went over 6 general questions about my prior work.

Interview Questions

• One time where you had to rely on a team to accomplish a goal.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Banner Elk, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Banner Elk, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Interviewed in store. Was promised a response by email within a week, but never heard from personnel manager. Personnel manager read scripted questions from a list. She was quite impersonal and somewhat cold.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you were put in a dangerous situation at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you felt pressured by peers and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lowe's (Bloomington, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

Hiring process is smooth. If they're interested in you, they will set up an interview at which time you will be interviewing against 2 other candidates. Not in the same room but just know that's your competition. Lowe's policy is 3 people per position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very situational. Tell me about a time when "...."   1 Answer

Negotiation

You are able to negotiate, but I was 18 at the time and I didn't even think about it.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Quick and easy. Situational questions. Talked about background, talked about what would you do in this situation, and etc.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in this situation, how did you solve.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnwood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowe's (Lincolnwood, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Upon completing the online application and attaching my resume and references, I was redirected to two other third-party web vetting/profiling websites. These included many boilerplate policy statements and permissions for background checking and drug testing. This application process took a little over two hours. The manager that I was supposed to meet with wasn't even scheduled to come in that day. I arrived promptly for a lawn and garden position. I spent an hour walking the department. Disorganized stock, scattered tools and other safety violations. I eventually was eventually interviewed by another manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe an incident with a disgruntled customer… How did you handle it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hanford, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lowe's (Hanford, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

2 weeks wait till they call you and make an appointment, then first interview is with an assistant manager, and then the store manager. They like energetic, knowledgable people.

Negotiation

You get to negotiate your starting pay.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowe's (Fremont, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

There were 3 seperate interviews I had to do. They all were essentially the same you would be given a senario and asked how you would handle it or you were asked to give a time xyz happened to you. The first interview you do is with HR, the next is with an assistant manager ( usually the one you will work with the most but not always), and the last one was with the store manager. If you are a good bullshitter then you will be fine. If you have a hard time making up stuff as you go then practice!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked if the pay rate was acceptable. I accepted since it was more than what I was expecting. But everyone starts at different rates based off of how much experience you have but once you are hired you are locked into raise schedules so i started out at more than what people who had been there for 8 years were at.